The Politics Thread | Page 760 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

One of the major problems - and i've said it before - with our politics is it is so adversarial. They sit opposite each other shouting, as opposed to sitting around and looking at what is best for the greater good. If one has a good idea, the other (not with all mp's but you get the point) the other side has to rip it apart, because they are the opposition.

Irony being the most productive committees are always cross party for me.

They put their swords away, and just do their job without all the tarting around and the utter stupidity and pointlessness of something like PMQ's.

I won't lie, I enjoy the barbs and the word play - but even I wish they would do something fucking useful instead.

Oh so this.

Been on about this for years. What a shambles. Grown adults charged with making the most important decisions of all shouting, drowning each other out and making stupid posh toff noises when it should proper, respectful and dignified debate. All until some person in a big chair tells them to calm down. WTF!.

It's is not acceptable now. I don't give a shit that it's tradition or how things just are. No way.

Imagine this behaviour when making work decisions, having discussions in a board room , supermarket, on a building site. Behaviour like they do in Parliament would lead to the sack or in the case of the latter a punch on the nose I expect.

I'd like to know. Do any other Parliaments or equivalent act like that?.

Some Parliaments are far worse and semi regularly end up in punches mate. But we are up there with the US and others (minus the physical fights).

Although in fairness, I should say you've never seen some of mine and JF's work emails to each other over the years PMSL

Thats such an obvious observation that I've never heard before. It's a small thing but you're probably right. If you forced them to be intermingled maybe they wouldn't be so comfortable calling each other names like two dopes at a football match.

95% of the time it's BS gang play anyway, and you can see them 5 minutes later chatting perfectly politely to each other. It's a case of 'when the cameras are on' - which is why cross party seems to work so well. They know the cameras are on, yet they stop acting likes dicks for effect.

Replicate the placing as you suggest in Parliament, and whilst the insults still aren't real, it would better focus them - you'd hope. It would turn the game off.

I'm happy to see Starmer coming out with a plan for something. It's a baby step but at least it's a step.

Poor old Corbyn got put through the ringer for saying his personal preference was to nationalise the railways.

I'm happy to see Starmer coming out with a plan for something. It's a baby step but at least it's a step.

Poor old Corbyn got put through the ringer for saying his personal preference was to nationalise the railways.

Poor old Corbyn went through the ringer long before he came up with something sensible, have you seen who he shares DNA with lol

Poor old Corbyn went through the ringer long before he came up with something sensible, have you seen who he shares DNA with lol
Both corbyns are fruit loops. However I did see a video not long back where I actually backed the brother (is it piers?)

He walked into a card only shop. Picked up a loaf of bread (I think). Put the correct money on the till, and walked out.

Dude had a point to be fair.

Both corbyns are fruit loops. However I did see a video not long back where I actually backed the brother (is it piers?)

He walked into a card only shop. Picked up a loaf of bread (I think). Put the correct money on the till, and walked out.

Dude had a point to be fair.

What was his point though? Don't give them your business - easy.

It's lame mate. I get his latch, but it's childish, pointless, and self entitled to make him look important. I will happily say I have not seen that personally - but I can fully believe it given the kind of batshit, fake, **** he is.

If he actually cared about the issue, he wouldn't be going for social media likes.

So I can't give him props on that - out for yourself, no credit in book.

What was his point though? Don't give them your business - easy.

It's lame mate. I get his latch, but it's childish, pointless, and self entitled to make him look important. I will happily say I have not seen that personally - but I can fully believe it given the kind of batshit, fake, **** he is.

If he actually cared about the issue, he wouldn't be going for social media likes.

So I can't give him props on that - out for yourself, no credit in book.
Well I do think there are serious issues with a cashless society. I am not sure I agree with going cashless myself. That's why I get his point.

But yes, he is an absolute moron of the highest order and doing it for clicks and donations no doubt.

I read up on candidates for the Mayor of the West Midlands Combined Authority.
Andy Street seems to be Streets ahead but will get voted out because he's a Tory. He does have a costed plan though despite him being a Tory.
The Labour bloke has never been in politics before but Labour has bankrupted Brum so I don't see them getting in either. He however does want to re-nationalise the buses which is a start.
The Greens don't seem to have any policies at all but we all know they are car haters. No mention of this though for a change.
The independent wants to ensure religious burials meet time requirements. He also wants to open Bus lanes to private hire cars to reduce congestion.

None of these people seem to have any idea of ordinary peoples priorities or how to achieve their goals