The player who left thread | Page 522 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

He is only in his mid 20's...he could have gone in 2 years time if we hadn't kicked on, and still be in his prime. I thought it very telling when being interviewed at the euros, when the reporter suggested he had an encyclopedic knowledge of football, he didn't know what it meant!
A young not so bright lad, who's ego got tweaked by Man City stars and the bright lights of champions league football Now this instance. I feel like I've been jilted by the love of my life who's ran off with a multi millionaire, I know they'll have a better life, but I'll be bitter and twisted for a while.

Yeah incredible really, I wouldn't be surprised if it were done before a ball was kicked at the Euro's.

I know people will say “no one knows”, but there were rumours 6-8 weeks ago city had bid £100m and they wanted to seal it after the euros rather than make it a distraction for England. We then went and bid a few times for ESR who is a mould of jack.

In my opinion, it was being discussed and orchestrated weeks ago, the time suited Villa to sort out three players and for them all to release statements in tandem.

I know people will say “no one knows”, but there were rumours 6-8 weeks ago city had bid £100m and they wanted to seal it after the euros rather than make it a distraction for England. We then went and bid a few times for ESR who is a mould of jack.

In my opinion, it was being discussed and orchestrated weeks ago, the time suited Villa to sort out three players and for them all to release statements in tandem.
If so, using Greedish in the home kit launch photos was either an oversight or a bit naughty, or plain stupid

Well at least we seemingly did everything as a club for the first time in our history to actually keep hold of our star player....we couldnt have done any more which makes it easier to accept. A bit different to the good old days when Doug would have been driving up the M6 to Manchester immediately after the bid with Jack bound and gagged in the boot to stop him from turning them down!

In his interview he said "it has been a difficult few months" so this was all going on before the end of last season.
Was his shin 'problem' all a put up job to make sure he wasn't injured before his transfer. As said elsewhere, his last two games were to get him in the England squad.
It looks like he stitched us up.

If so, using Greedish in the home kit launch photos was either an oversight or a bit naughty, or plain stupid

Imagine the rumours though had he not, plus he’s an asset for the club to sell more shirts. I’d be pissed off if I had bought a Grealish 10 shirt for my kids, or even as an adult, let’s hope jack cares so much about the fans that he’s £10k behind the till to reimburse fans who bought a Grealish 10 top.

Bet he hasn’t though, stupid head in sand twat that he is.

In his interview he said "it has been a difficult few months" so this was all going on before the end of last season.
Was his shin 'problem' all a put up job to make sure he wasn't injured before his transfer. As said elsewhere, his last two games were to get him in the England squad.
Nah, the injury was real - remember he was training separately during the Euros.

I really rate Purslow. I think he is great.
Those 3 signings are the jack money. So if we didn't buy anyone else it would be like keeping jack and signing noone else. So come on... With our owners we are not done yet. Purslow is shrewd so his not going to admit in public as we could be held to ransom.
But from purslows words.
Jack. Your a rat. A glory hunting rat.
And I will boo the living shit out of you. Tosser.

Of course he did , he had 12 weeks off at our expense , Newcastle away he was due back and was mysteriously "ill" at the last minute, he rested up basically ahead of the Euros and his dream move. Absolute Fake. I think Southgate knows his personality and that's why he dislikes him

Can't imagine the club would stand for it nor do I believe someone would fake an injury for nearly half a season to push through a transfer. But I do agree that we can only guess how long this has been in the pipeline, could have been for a long time, even longer than we are currently aware of

Our business is making more sense now .

Buendia- ‘replacement’ for SJ creativity wise .
Young- much needed experience, someone that knows and gets the club (like SJ ahem…does ).
Ings- we needed to score more, create more . Hopefully box ticked.
Bailey - see Ings .

Makes me wonder how long we have known SJ is on his way.

Best we can do to replace the irreplaceable.

Well , I don’t like to drag up the past but I did say this earlier this morning.

Now Purslow has spoken it’s confirmed our signings so far were replacing SJ. Now we have a huge question mark as to what we do now. It will be a big indication now of where we are going if we add to what we have already purchased.

Gulp.

I think some are being a little harsh.
I'm not Happy, and I genuinely think he's left far too early...
But it's out of stupidity and being Young and frankly, dumb. It wasn't about money - it was about frustration at wanting to win something. Everytime we played the 'big boys' and got beat, you could always see how frustrated Jack was.
Going to England camp and listening to Foden, Mount, etc talking about Championship League must of been also frustrating, especially knowing that he was naturally a more gifted player.
He has one career and he isn't getting any younger. He genuinely loves Villa, we all know it deep down.... we're just disappointed this move came too early..but that's his regret, not ours.
I wish him the best in terms of show casing his ability and he deserves to test himself on that stage. But, I wish he'd been more patient in his decision making. He wanted out some time ago. And that's disappointing.
But whilst he was here, he did always give his best.

Jack has moved the money and honours good luck to him and his agent,it's time to move on, let's get behind our players for the upcoming season

Life carries on where not Jack Grealish FC we are Aston Villa FC, so let's take the shackles off and let our players be judged by their performances and results this season.

No more excuses, time to step up boys and show the world that we are not a one-man team.