The player who left thread | Page 258 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Maybe he should make himself available for Ireland. He's too good not to be playing international football.

I don’t want to see him throw the towel in and go to Ireland - because I have absolutely no Irish in me I suspect but more importantly I think England will need him at some point. Would the Irish fans take to him after rejection? Seems they took it badly from my WhatsApp groups with my mates with a fraction of Irish ancestry who bleed green .

Obviously we haven't helped Jack's England chances by playing him out wide and the dynamic, pacey forwards he finds himself up against for a slot. Without a shadow of a doubt he'll be begging the powers that be to sign wide men so he can play centrally. That being said it was obviously done for the good of the team last season and this isn't the Jack Grealish Show, its about Aston Villa.

However, Southgate is showing his limitations as a Manager by not getting arguably England's most creative player in at least the squad. He offers something different to other players in there for sure.

Personally and this is only my opinion, Grealish doesn't get in a top four, maybe even a top 6 side as a Number 8 in a Central Position.

Southgate is such a bellend, looking at his Forwards, Harry Kane is the captain and will play if fit every single England game, he's out there on his own as the best striker in England yet he puts in Ings and tammy , Midfield 3 defensive mids he only need one, Mason Mount will be the next one Frank replaces at Chelsea , he couldn't lace Jacks boots, I like Ward prowes but is he better than Jack, not in a million years, so where is the flare? the spark in that side

Obviously we haven't helped Jack's England chances by playing him out wide and the dynamic, pacey forwards he finds himself up against for a slot. Without a shadow of a doubt he'll be begging the powers that be to sign wide men so he can play centrally. That being said it was obviously done for the good of the team last season and this isn't the Jack Grealish Show, its about Aston Villa.

However, Southgate is showing his limitations as a Manager by not getting arguably England's most creative player in at least the squad. He offers something different to other players in there for sure.

Personally and this is only my opinion, Grealish doesn't get in a top four, maybe even a top 6 side as a Number 8 in a Central Position.
Agreed, we play him as an inside left as that's where he has proven to deliver best for us. Southgate to my mind isn't seeing the bigger picture, Grealish offers something different to any of the left sided options and as you point can also be deployed more centrally.

He could be this generations Le Tissier. Le Tissier was an outrageous talent but England managers just didn't get him.

I firmly believe this is the case viz Southgate. He made a comment last year that Grealish needs premier league football, Grealish then largely excels at this level. He is now calling up Phillips who has only played in the second tier. Southgate just doesn't rate Grealish.

Agreed, we play him as an inside left as that's where he has proven to deliver best for us. Southgate to my mind isn't seeing the bigger picture, Grealish offers something different to any of the left sided options and as you point can also be deployed more centrally.

He could be this generations Le Tissier. Le Tissier was an outrageous talent but England managers just didn't get him.

I firmly believe this is the case viz Southgate. He made a comment last year that Grealish needs premier league football, Grealish then largely excels at this level. He is now calling up Phillips who has only played in the second tier. Southgate just doesn't rate Grealish.

Exactly what I was thinking RE: Le Tissier to be honest. Sort of a maverick, one club man who is perceived to be a bit of a luxury by others who don't watch him regularly. Grealish needs games as an '8' if he wants to get picked, like he was used in the back end of our Promotion Season and has said previously he prefers it there, probably with one eye on the England situation.

All I'm saying is expect wingers incoming.

I really don't get the luxury player label that some pundits like to attach to Jack. Unless Southgate simply has some bizarre personal grudge against him then it has to play a part in why he's not in the squad. A luxury player yet if you took him out of our team the stats show we'd be a championship club right now.

SSN put up Jack's stats vs the other midfielders and on chances created he's so far out in front its actually funny. On chances created from open play its even more. To pick Mount ahead of him is a crime quite frankly. To pick Dier, Winks and Rice shows what type of midfield Southgate wants. Slow, static without any creativity.

I think it is some perverted dislike of all things Villa when it come to selection for England. Gordon Cowans hardly got a look in, Tony Morley had a bit part and Dennis Mortimer was never capped at all. If they had played for teams in London or the North West they would have had loads more caps.
Add to that Brian Little. 1 fuckin cap for one of the games finest at the time.

Its a bit of a ridiculous childish comment from an England Manager isn't it. High opinion of himself aswell to quote something that happened two decades ago. Haha.
Buuuuuuut, I have seen exactly that said about him repeatedly in the last 24 hrs, so he's right!

Thought this was a piss take when I first saw it but apparently he actually said it.

What a prick. I've not seen one pundit or journo agree with his decision yet, they are all shocked. Proves its not just our fans having a grudge against beaky or just looking at it with claret tinted specs.
Go and play for Ireland Jack, you'll become a legend for them

He shouldn't be bringing up his player days and being petty like that really. Who he chooses, as the manager, is his business at the end of the day, it is his job on the line. But that answer was silly.