The player who left thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The club made the same mistake with Gabby, both piss takers. Lets see how Ayew does in his place.

tarzansbrother - 17/10/2016 19:36

glensider - 17/10/2016 19:06

No. I'm not joking holtelower.

He's been one of our better performers this season to date.

He aint a cretin, a prick, or like some of the other idiots care to address him, 'Girlish', a term they use because I think we're all supposed to split our sides laughing at the hilarity of it all.

He's a damn good footballer, talented, who made a mistake by reacting to a blatant foul committed against him. He shouldn't have done, but then the more experienced Ross McCormack shouldn't have charged in and got involved like he did either.

To make the observation 'He is EVERYTHING that is bad about our club at the moment' just wreaks of the type of over-reaction that has become your trademark.

How many mistakes can he make tho? Also a damn good footballer? To be given a new big money contract aswell? It's a no from me. Needs to be taught a lesson, in fact I'd make an example of him. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Pulis would have his number alright.

What the hell has Pulis got to do with it?

Since when did the manager of West Bromwich Albion have any say or authority over players contracted to Aston Villa Football Club?

You've completely lost me.

He was completely in the wrong Saturday, reacted badly. Lucky to stay on the pitch. So was Coady. McCormack too could easily have been red carded.

So how do we go about teaching him a lesson? How should we make an example of him? Let's not pull our punches here, let's really sort him out this time. Let's really whip this 'prick, 'cretin',
this 'Girlish' into shape.

How do we go about it tarzansbrother? I'm all ears.

You question my 'damn good footballer' comment. You're a disbeliever. Don't know how, cause I don't think you've seen him play much this season have you? Aren't you one of them armchair critics?

Did you not read any post match comments regarding Grealish's performance last week at Walsall, playing for his country, when many experienced scribes raved about his performance?

The lads talented. Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that.

I agree with Glensider . Grealish is a very talented footballer and one of our better players. He has suffered over the last 2 seasons in the same way as Gana and maybe one or two others in that he is surrounded by mediocrity that doesn't give him the platform to damage the opposition in the final third.

Holtelower you answer this point yourself when you reference his performance v Liverpool being down to Delph having a blinder. Do you not see what he can do given that support week in week out.

Tony Morley would never have been the player he with our current midfield playing behind him.

Bruce's hand is forced with injuries and this suspension. Be interesting to see the line up tomorrow. I think we should have Ayew and Gestede starting.

Jack's socks are silly.

His shorts, according to the two ladies who sit behind me are too tight. I didn't look until they said that, I think I concur with their belief. :3:

He likes balloons.

I would mention his hair but that would just look bitter by me :3:

I've yet to see the finished product. I've yet to be convinced he will keep focused on his game and development (but hope). I've not seen the world beater some talk about. I've not seen the total 'prick' or girlish that others have seen.

I would think it fair to say he has a bit of growing up to do and a bit of developing on the pitch to do.

Then we'll see.

At the moment I would say when the going gets tough, he's missing but that could be said about a lot of them to be fair.

He's certainly got the potential if we have the right manager and coaching staff to bring that out.

tarzan - 17/10/2016 20:13

Bruce's hand is forced with injuries and this suspension. Be interesting to see the line up tomorrow. I think we should have Ayew and Gestede starting.
Pick 1 as starting both of them doesn't work

Has there been an official announcement from the F.A about his ban. I just had a quick look and haven't seen anything.

glensider - 17/10/2016 20:00

tarzansbrother - 17/10/2016 19:36

glensider - 17/10/2016 19:06

No. I'm not joking holtelower.

He's been one of our better performers this season to date.

He aint a cretin, a prick, or like some of the other idiots care to address him, 'Girlish', a term they use because I think we're all supposed to split our sides laughing at the hilarity of it all.

He's a damn good footballer, talented, who made a mistake by reacting to a blatant foul committed against him. He shouldn't have done, but then the more experienced Ross McCormack shouldn't have charged in and got involved like he did either.

To make the observation 'He is EVERYTHING that is bad about our club at the moment' just wreaks of the type of over-reaction that has become your trademark.

How many mistakes can he make tho? Also a damn good footballer? To be given a new big money contract aswell? It's a no from me. Needs to be taught a lesson, in fact I'd make an example of him. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Pulis would have his number alright.

What the hell has Pulis got to do with it?

Since when did the manager of West Bromwich Albion have any say or authority over players contracted to Aston Villa Football Club?

You've completely lost me.

He was completely in the wrong Saturday, reacted badly. Lucky to stay on the pitch. So was Coady. McCormack too could easily have been red carded.

So how do we go about teaching him a lesson? How should we make an example of him? Let's not pull our punches here, let's really sort him out this time. Let's really whip this 'prick, 'cretin',
this 'Girlish' into shape.

How do we go about it tarzansbrother? I'm all ears.

You question my 'damn good footballer' comment. You're a disbeliever. Don't know how, cause I don't think you've seen him play much this season have you? Aren't you one of them armchair critics?

Did you not read any post match comments regarding Grealish's performance last week at Walsall, playing for his country, when many experienced scribes raved about his performance?

The lads talented. Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that.

I have used Pulis as an example of a manager that players will do exactly what he says, any misbehaving and they are out on there ear. I'm hoping Bruce will find how to push his buttons. I ask again how many chances do we give this kid?

I think he should have been left out for a long while actually. I don't think he has had a great season either. Scored a couple of goals, gone on the piss after being given a joke of a contract and now been deservedly banned.

No need for the arm chair jibe either.

Well it's not a jibe tarzansbrother, I don't make jibes.

It's either a fact, or it aint. If it's an incorrect remark, I apologise. If it's a remark that rings true, and correctly portrays the situation, then I've nothing to apologise for. There's no need for you to be aggrieved or defensive. It's your choice. Not just you, I fail to see how anyone can be so negative towards Jack and his performances if they don't go to the games.

How many chances do we give Jack? Well you'd give him no more, you've made that clear.

I'm not at the end of my tether with him yet. He's way too talented to discard.

Hats off to all 4,300 villa fans making this trip . The one positive of the season so far is the fans . Safe travels and bring back the points please

I thank you Silhill.

Hopefully we'll be negotiating the drive home beneath the cover of October skies (thank you Van) in celebratory mood.

May tomorrow night be a marvelous night for a moondance.

:14: Top Man Silhill, :14: Top Man :35:

I wonder how Van would perform in our midfield. I doubt he could be any worse.

I am sure someone has already said this but we will probably only see the best of him when he leaves us similar to steven davis or idrissa gana to name but two.

glensider - 17/10/2016 20:42

It's either a fact, or it aint. If it's an incorrect remark, I apologise. If it's a remark that rings true, and correctly portrays the situation, then I've nothing to apologise for. There's no need for you to be aggrieved or defensive. It's your choice. Not just you, I fail to see how anyone can be so negative towards Jack and his performances if they don't go to the games.

How many chances do we give Jack? Well you'd give him no more, you've made that clear.

I'd give him more chances if he earns it and grows up. I also hope Bruce gets the discipline right with this rabble starting with Grealish.

Any how my armchair has been dusted off as I've bought tickets for the glamour game that is Blackburn :5:

I am not yet sold on Mr Grealish.

It's disappointing that, as a 'lifelong Villan', he doesn't seem to be showing the necessary commitment and professionalism I would expect, but in fairness, he's been a little short on role models in recent times.

In a poor team performance on Saturday, I felt he did well enough, and took the defensive side of his responsibilities a bit more seriously than I've seen before. His petulance in stamping on the Wolves lad was regrettable, but understandable in terms of the frustration he must have been feeling. Not excusable mind you.

Without doubt, he has a wealth of talent, as seen from his recent England displays, but he does seem to be dining out on the Cup semi-final. As sirdennis (I think?) mentioned earlier, he needs quality around him to flourish, something in short supply among our midfielders. And as JF said above, he has plenty of growing up to do, so the ball is in his court there.

He wouldn't be the first name on the team sheet (after Westwood, obviously :3: ) nor would I consider him undroppable. I would imagine Bruce will take a pretty dim view of his antics on Saturday, and I would have thought a spell out, followed by some time on the bench as an impact sub, might be in order here.

To call him girlish is an insult to girls. He is such a lightweight. Hes had 2 or 3 half decent games for us, but on the whole he has been a passenger. One for the future perhaps but he isnt mature enough right now. U21s is his level.

holtelower - 17/10/2016 19:25

Over reaction !!!!

we are 10 that is 10 games in , and he has been on the front pages of the papers twice , been reprimanded by the club twice and has a 3 match ban !!!!

Are you honestly serious or you just trying to wind people up.

Rooney and Grealish - are you joking or what !

Tell me if I am right or wrong here,

In 30 months and approximately 60 games - he has had 135 minutes of good football - Liverpool semi final (when he was aided by one of the best midfield displays I have ever seen by Delph) and Blues second half in a League cup game.

And you think thats good !

Seems you're saying it's fine for Rooney to go way, way over the top, because he'd become an England player, but Jack has it all to do so it's OK sling everything at him at every possible occasion. Fact: players get red cards; they do so because something gives in the stress of the moment. It happens all the time, and fans don't normally go berserk about it.

My guess is that Bruce will stick an arm around his shoulder and tell him not to worry, it happens. And that way we could get the player some of us think he will become.

tarzansbrother - 17/10/2016 21:06

glensider - 17/10/2016 20:42

I'd give him more chances if he earns it and grows up. I also hope Bruce gets the discipline right with this rabble starting with Grealish.

Any how my armchair has been dusted off as I've bought tickets for the glamour game that is Blackburn :5:

That's the spirit tarzansbrother. November isn't it? The week after derby day.

Just in time for Jack's return. I hope he plays a blinder for you.

Glamour game indeed. In fact, Villa Park could be in mourning that day, extremely somber mood, if the week before we have had our backsides kicked over at Birmingham B9.