The player who left thread | Page 141 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Football is a madness now, kept thinking the bubble would burst and 'we' would get 'our' football back, but it keeps getting worse.

Some love the direction though I think? Don't blame the players taking whatever they can get. It does look obscene though, especially when you look at how some teams in the lower leagues are struggling. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few bigger clubs in the top upper leagues go bust over the next few years. God knows we nearly did, albeit a club this size, I guess, would always have someone to come in and rescue it.

Wages should not be this high, clubs should be looking at capping both wages and transfers. They won't though, and football surely one day will implode!

As long as the TV deals keep getting bigger and bigger, the bubble will continue to expand. When the TV deals hit their limit, the fun will start.

Certainly can't fault players for taking it and asking for it if clubs are going to give that kind of money, but this is where I quite like Juan Mata and his charity as he's trying to achieve what the PFA (Gordon Taylor £2m a year bellend) should've done but never did when it came to giving a safety net but then really giving back to the community.

I know some will argue players pay higher tax etc etc, but with the way things are now split with wages/commercial rights etc and all the avoidance/evasion (legal or otherwise) schemes in place, that doesn't wash for me either.

Does Bale really need £1m a week to 'live' and kick a ball around? Is Mings really worth £25m?

It's a shambles.

At least with Bale it's not our money he's picking up. In fact the Chinese are doing everybody a favour, taking the really high earners out of English and European football, even when they're past their best.

Can’t really understand people whingeing about this. Football finances are what they are - go for broke and keep your good players or accept that you’re a tin pot shower of s**t like those inbreds across the expressway. Would people rather we lost super jack and paid this instead to an inadequate replacement?

Daily Fail trying to create a story out of nothing again. Jack seen arguing with someone outside a London nightclub at 3am. There is always some dickhead gobbing off at players whenever they go to these places, putting it on their website just encourages the pricks

Football is a madness now, kept thinking the bubble would burst and 'we' would get 'our' football back, but it keeps getting worse.

Some love the direction though I think? Don't blame the players taking whatever they can get. It does look obscene though, especially when you look at how some teams in the lower leagues are struggling. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few bigger clubs in the top upper leagues go bust over the next few years. God knows we nearly did, albeit a club this size, I guess, would always have someone to come in and rescue it.

Wages should not be this high, clubs should be looking at capping both wages and transfers. They won't though, and football surely one day will implode!

It looks like the 92 clubs are about to become 90 with the imminent demise of Bolton and Bury.

Daily Fail trying to create a story out of nothing again. Jack seen arguing with someone outside a London nightclub at 3am. There is always some dickhead gobbing off at players whenever they go to these places, putting it on their website just encourages the pricks

Yeah. Saw that. Whatever it was didn't require police attendance. But.....

Don't be in clubs at 3am Jack . Not 2 weeks before the start of the season . Don't put yourself on offer. You need to act more like the world's greatest player.

https://mol.im/a/7296809

Last edited:
And yet another reason why the media should all be lined up in a circular firing squad. Of course it's Lahndan and they know that Super Jack will soon be replacing Dele Alli and Barkley in the national team.....

I fully agree. I know he is young but why put yourself in that position?

Problem with the young these days is they don't mature as quickly as they did in my day. I was married with a child at his age and had been at work for 8 years.
He needs to realise now he's back in the big time, cameras are everywhere and they will destroy him.
I'm sure if there is anything in this story Deano will have a word, Jack will be a superstar this year and then he'll be out there to be knocked at every given opportunity as the media do with all superstars.

And yet another reason why the media should all be lined up in a circular firing squad. Of course it's Lahndan and they know that Super Jack will soon be replacing Dele Alli and Barkley in the national team.....

I wouldnt be surprised if some slimey reporter had slipped a couple of hundred quid to a lad and told him to have a pop at Jack. Connor Wickham was in there the same night and had a barney outside with someone too.

I wouldnt be surprised if some slimey reporter had slipped a couple of hundred quid to a lad and told him to have a pop at Jack. Connor Wickham was in there the same night and had a barney outside with someone too.
That sort of lowdown crap does go on. Reporters will do anything to get a story

These footballers are a bunch of babyish goofs. In return for the fortune they get paid is it too much to ask that they don't go to London and get pissed until 3 am during pre season?

All those people saying Jack, or any other footballer is not allowed a social life need to get a grip.

He's a human being not a robot. Why shouldn't he be able to go out and enjoy himself?

Do we even know if he was drinking let alone pissed up?

it's a week before the next friendly and 2 weeks before the season starts. Give the kid a break.

Problem with the young these days is they don't mature as quickly as they did in my day. I was married with a child at his age and had been at work for 8 years.
He needs to realise now he's back in the big time, cameras are everywhere and they will destroy him.
I'm sure if there is anything in this story Deano will have a word, Jack will be a superstar this year and then he'll be out there to be knocked at every given opportunity as the media do with all superstars.
I don't think I've matured yet and I collect my pension next year. :shrug: