The player who left thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Bennett was fucking awful.

No, he wasn't. And looking back, he was no worse than Amavi or Taylor.

Lowton was fine though. Could never understand why he was bombed out.. can’t even remember who replaced him now

Bomb Squad veteran Hutton reclaimed the right-back spot - no good reason to get rid of Lowton. Maybe he'd had enough and wanted move on?

Proof you ignore me JPA.

Lambert got upset Lowton was late to training - travelling from Sheffield - a few times and Lowton was told to buy a home in Brum, whilst players Lambert wouldn't do anything but say Morning Sir were allowed to live out of Brum and take other pisses from my memory. Lowton told him where to shove it, got dropped and moved on - is the short version.

I remember one of the days when Matt Lowton was late. He was on the M1 when there was a big crash and the motorway was closed. It was gridlock for the whole day and he missed training. The mumbling one threw his toys out of the pram and the rest is history.

Bennett always seemed far too lightweight, shrugged off the ball way too easily. Lowton I liked. Superb crosser of the ball. Poor man management again from Lambert to push him out. God I hated him as our manager.

Still haven't given up the idea of Jack being here next season. If we truly have secured £50m, then cash flow problems have been solved, probably for the season and maybe beyond.

So it's then a question of how much a hole needs filling to meet FFP. The £40m I'm sure is not much more than a guess; you need a detailed knowledge of the figures, and the right figures in particular, to know.

Still haven't given up the idea of Jack being here next season. If we truly have secured £50m, then cash flow problems have been solved, probably for the season and maybe beyond.

So it's then a question of how much a hole needs filling to meet FFP. The £40m I'm sure is not much more than a guess; you need a detailed knowledge of the figures, and the right figures in particular, to know.

I've still not seen where we've secured £50m, where is that being reported?

No one has asked Jack what he wants. As stated above, his dad is his agent. I think he'd be heartbroken with the idea of leaving us and money is not the motivator.

Tone might want to sell him but he might not want to go.

His Dad is no longer his Agent , Grizzly. I hope he stay and we sell the rest of last seasons team first

Yep, agent is Stellar Football Ltd, who are agents for Gareth Bale amongst others. Think they'd fight him being used as cheap sell-off in a fire sale. Also think they'd take the longer view; give him another year with us and his price could rocket. If he moves, he needs to be first choice in a good team.

If I were his agent I'd be telling him that a full season of playing like he's done the last 6 months for villa will see him even more in demand. Then, if villa are still a disaster he can leave, not take to much criticism from the fans and will likely get a better choice of clubs possibly as a starter not a back up. He'd also have just 1 year of his contract left so would be in a better position plus he'd have a potential year of prem football before the euros. Better than buggering off now and rotting on spurs bench.

Not sure of how a loan back deal would benefit us in the long run, if Jack led us to promotion we would then be missing him the following season and trying to rebuild again without our star player.
If he is to go then cash in big, promote our own youth and use loanees to plug gaps.

I really think Jack would benefit in staying and playing. He still hasn't been a regular for a whole season yet in his career, he was in and out of the side before his injury. If he moved now he could easily go the way of other promising young England players who move to a big club and warm their bench while their career stagnates.

Express (obvious caveats apply) say £30m up front plus loaned back for a year. In our current situation, I can’t see how we could turn that down.

If and it really is WHEN an offer comes in for Jack the owner will sell.
The owner has no choice, no one is going to pay millions for a player and leave him at Villa because we will not have the ability to meet his wage bill. There days if he went say to Spurs he would be on £100,000 a week. We aint gonna be able to afford to pay half his wages, if he leaves he leaves. The tragic thing is for Villa history repeating its self, big players leaving and the manager getting none of the cash to replace/rebuild. We currently do not have the proverbial pot to piss in.

The sale of Grealish may however stop the club from going into administration and that for me means not starting the season 10-14 points behind the rest of the league.