The player who left thread | Page 221 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Plus he's still playing out on the left , looks like we are just going same old again .

Imagine if he'd picked up that ball central and run at them , instead of out left where he had one option cut in and go it alone

"If it ain't broken then don't try to fix it" doesn't apply to us as the league table proves so in my book there are lessons to be learned and mistakes to be fixed both on and off the pitch.

Dean Smith believes 100% in himself and his methods which I admire however, personally, I can't see him changing things around much if anything at all which at the end of the season could well be his own downfall?

Some will criticise me for saying that but nothing would give me more satisfaction than for Dean's methods to be proved correct and me wrong?

Last edited:
Come on lads. Jacks beaten 28 men and smashed it home in a training session.It hardly needs dissecting for faults does it ?

Come on lads. Jacks beaten 28 men and smashed it home in a training session.It hardly needs dissecting for faults does it ?

Yes, the whole point of the game is to get fit and try things differently and certainly beats talking about riots, racism and covid

Hardly amazing but was still our best player by an absolute mile, no one else had any quality about them. McGinn made zero difference.

He gets judged by his own high standards. As you said he was probably our best player, and yet is one of the first to be slated as he was so far from his best.

The worry for me is that the season has effectively started again, and remember how slow he was to get going in August/September? Could it be too late by the time he finds his mojo?

A lot of pressure on his shoulders. Maybe time for some of the others to step up too?

Jack Grealish has been charged with driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop at or report a collision.

The Aston Villa midfielder is accused of committing the offences in Waterside, Dickens Heath, Solihull, on Sunday, March 29.

West Midlands Police said in a statement: "An investigation was launched after we responded to reports of a car hitting parked vehicles and the driver fleeing on foot."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...realish-charged-with-driving-without-due-care

Jack Grealish has been charged with driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop at or report a collision.

The Aston Villa midfielder is accused of committing the offences in Waterside, Dickens Heath, Solihull, on Sunday, March 29.

West Midlands Police said in a statement: "An investigation was launched after we responded to reports of a car hitting parked vehicles and the driver fleeing on foot."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...realish-charged-with-driving-without-due-care

No mention of drink or drugs but guess that’s why he might’ve been ‘fleeing on foot’.

Missing in action in a big game.

Again .

Maybe needs better around him, maybe will sink without a trace, but yes, said the same Melon. Merson used to take the game by the scruff of the neck and could work his magic on his own if the rest weren't doing well - better team back then I do understand - but Jack seldom does, albeit he is our best player. But being our best player, or as some say 'he is head and shoulders above the rest' is more an indictment of how poor our team is maybe.

Good. Just a shame the club didn't take the necessary action and strip him of his captaincy. Disgraceful behaviour judging by the advice he gave out to everyone else a few days before it. One does have to wonder why he left the scene of the crime, then again, pictures say a thousand words.

Not happy he is our club captain, I know some disagree, but morals do come into it for me and what he did was bang out of order, as captain and as a role model to so many. Giving donations and auctioning a shirt after the event doesn't excuse the event.

He isn't alone, plenty have been total dickheads during the lockdown, but then, many of the dickheads weren't dishing out advice to others and doing the opposite, Government officials and other footballers aside.

Fleeing the scene of a crime is bad enough, doing the crime not great, but all this during a pandemic, then the sorry not sorry 'apology'.

Hmmm.

It looked yesterday like he couldn't motivate himself let alone others.

Maybe these charges are playing on his mind.

I thought he needed to move the ball quicker. He kept taking too many touches and trying to do something special every time he received the ball allowing Sheff United the time to get back and get into shape. At times he really slows the game down.

Jack is still on the naughty step for me
However i cannot agree with Roy Keane's assesment of him. I used to praise Dwight Yorke for playing with a smile on his face. It would be wrong to moan at Jack for doing the same? Even if we are in a dodgy situation. We need him to be happy and playing with freedom to stand a chance of staying up. Keane needs to understand players deal with pressure in different ways.

You have got to question how much commitment he has left this manure talk has it turned his head and his agent will be wittering in his ear telling him to be careful not to get injured and jeopardize the deal i don't remember him taking on many players wednesday.

Im not happy with Jack. He is though the most naturally gifted player i have seen in a Villa shirt since Brian Little. He could grace any side in England. I would break the bank to get him if i was a top 4 side. Played in the middle he will revel in the PL. Sadly we play him on the left wing. He can only get better as well at the moment.

Grealish should have been removed from being the captain of Aston Villa after embarrassing the club (2nd time) by breaking the lockdown rules and now even more so as he is due to appear in court accused of driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at or report a collision.

In my book that's weak management from Dean and the hierarchy within Villa Park.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of our real captains of the past like Dennis Mortimer etc must be shaking their heads.

"The role of the team captain is to lead, support, inspire, and represent the members of their appointed team fairly and consistently at all times. The team captain will act as a role model for the club and their team "

Last edited:
Thomas, i agree with all of that. Its why im so upset with JG still. I have waited 40 years for another gifted Villan and he has acted like a complete tool sadly.

Sends out the message he can do what he wants and get away with it. No different at other clubs - Firminiho got done drink driving on a Thursday yet was playing on the saturday. Football has no morals

I worked for a scouse ASM ex-army pisshead who eventually got banned from driving, what happened they turned a blind eye and his "housemate" (who he just happened to have given a job to via the old Ex-army old boys network ) drove him into work in his company Range Rover.
He should have been sacked.
I dare say Jack will get banned as he is a high profile footballer and one of the staff will go and fetch him.