The P word | Vital Football

The P word

Hillman Imp

Vital Squad Member
Good set of results for us last night if you consider the top three are out of reach. The more points FG, Cods and Cheltenham take off our rivals the better and Eastleigh lost again. Bromley, Woking and Wrexham are fading but Tranmere are on fire. The only tiny snag is to make sure we keep winning, how hard can that be ???

Braintree are 1 point above us with 5 games in hand, play offs won't happen. I'd happily take a top half finish, to me that would be progress

Realistic target should be top ten. However its one game at a time and we shall see what happens.

PO's, yes there's a chance so I will always be hopeful until it's mathematically over.

In reality have won 2 of our last 13 games, lets build momentum, go on a run, build confidence, find a plan B and C or if you believe we may now have a plan B lets develop it further. I also want to see us thoroughly spank someone in the remaining games.

Finishing the season strong will be key to recruiting the players we need for the big push next season.

You are as bad as our lot saying we can't win the title still. There's still loads to play for - admittedly it will take a Kidderminster/Mansfield-esque run to achieve play-offs comfortably for you, and the title for us, but it is still a real possibility.

ingoldale - 10/2/2016 16:26

You are as bad as our lot saying we can't win the title still. There's still loads to play for - admittedly it will take a Kidderminster/Mansfield-esque run to achieve play-offs comfortably for you, and the title for us, but it is still a real possibility.

We've only recently come off the back of a 11 game winless run! So confidence isn't high. We'll pretty much have to get an average of 2.5 points per game, which I can't see happening.

True but we did twice go over 20 games without a run in League 2, 11 games is comparatively nothing... As I said, I agree that it will take monumental efforts to both achieve what we hoped would happen pre-season.

USA Imp - 10/2/2016 14:00

PO's, yes there's a chance so I will always be hopeful until it's mathematically over.

In reality have won 2 of our last 13 games, lets build momentum, go on a run, build confidence, find a plan B and C or if you believe we may now have a plan B lets develop it further. I also want to see us thoroughly spank someone in the remaining games.

Finishing the season strong will be key to recruiting the players we need for the big push next season.

You could also say that we've won two out of our last two!

Now THAT'S POSITIVE!

We would need to win at least 10 of our remaining 13. Hopefully we can continue winning, and build up momentum going into next season. Appears to be a LCFC trait since being in the conference that we traditionally have a mid season slump.

Steve O'Dare - 10/2/2016 19:14

While there is a possibility there is hope!

Exactly. Intelligent judgement tells us it's unlikely. But one game at a time. Stranger things have happened.

A first finish in the top half looks likely but unless we can gain around 30 points in the last 13 games I can't see us getting the playoffs.

Looks like 4th and 5th are up for grabs for any team that can put a run together for now till the end of the season. We're probably the lowest ranking of those who are in with a shout but if we keep playing like we did on Saturday and keep everyone fit, you just never know.

To even be in the same stratosphere as the PO sides at this stage of the season is progress. I just hope we don't fall away horribly like last year and get a finish in or around the top 8. That would be a reasonable effort.

We have a chance but for me have lost a couple of games too many, nice not to be looking who's around us to avoid relegation for a change.

If CM has found a winning formula then we're in for an exciting few weeks. If we lose a couple we can only hope to build for next season. If the four teams above us all draw or lose this week and we beat Altrincham by 2 goals, we'll be in 5th. If we keep winning its up to the others around us not to slip up.
Mighty big word 'if' but let's just sit back & enjoy the ride. At least we don't have to worry about relegation this year - for a change.