The One Hundred | Vital Football

The One Hundred

Crass, stupid idea by the incompetents at the ECB. Apparently it's to help children and females understand the game better and become part of the crowd (ignoring the fact that T20 is thriving over the last couple of years

It also signals the end of a meaningful 50 over competition as this will be played at the same time and players drafted in from around the counties effectively making the 50 over games a 2nd X1 competition. This year's final was the last to be played at Lords.

The ECB make the FA look competent.

Rather support the Trent Rockets than the Leeds Superchargers Chippy

I hadn't even noticed that. Which idiot decided that Leeds should represent the entire north of England?

Crass, stupid idea by the incompetents at the ECB. Apparently it's to help children and females understand the game better and become part of the crowd (ignoring the fact that T20 is thriving over the last couple of years

It also signals the end of a meaningful 50 over competition as this will be played at the same time and players drafted in from around the counties effectively making the 50 over games a 2nd X1 competition. This year's final was the last to be played at Lords.

The ECB make the FA look competent.

"The white-ball competition will be 100 balls per innings, with a change of ends after 10 balls, with bowlers bowling five or 10 consecutive balls" - doesn't sound like it simplifies the game to me! With the exception of fielding positions, cricket is a fairly simple game to start with.

I hadn't even noticed that. Which idiot decided that Leeds should represent the entire north of England?

"The white-ball competition will be 100 balls per innings, with a change of ends after 10 balls, with bowlers bowling five or 10 consecutive balls" - doesn't sound like it simplifies the game to me! With the exception of fielding positions, cricket is a fairly simple game to start with.
You have to factor in the idiots at the ECB though SRE- some marketing men have obviousy been given a flip chart and told to think 'outside the box'