The Old But All New Under 23 Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Old But All New Under 23 Thread

Yup, it's not like our young lads have been bad this season, they've been a highpoint, but nobody can tell me that wasn't tugging at KMac's shirt saying 'go on gaf, gis us a shot'.

That was a marked difference.

For the first time in over 2 years, they now have something to play for and a manager to impress and take notice without all the BS.

I don't know how bad Bristol City are but those Villa lads looked good and the football was refreshing to watch.

Rightly, there are some seniors who should be shitting a brick tonight.

For all of Bruce's failings, there are some who need a strong look in the mirror as well.

But they aren't suddenly our savours, give them a shot yes, lean on them far more with an eye to the future absolutely, but let's not go over the top.

Yes, I agree Mike. I also bet a few senior players who were considered Brucies favourites must now be wondering what the future holds and I bet there are also more than a few glad to see Bruce leave and now feel they are back on a level playing field,

Yup, Bruce isn't alone on that score but it was also an issue. Competition and merit is a good thing in all walks of life.

Winning 8-0 against an u23 team means nothing or some would be getting a chance.
Need reserve league where they play agsinst seasoned pros,for whatever reason trying to get back into first team football
The loan system and the greed league are to blame.
Imagine Sid being loaned out at 17 when he should be in the first team

All we are saying is give them a chance ?