The Official Vital Car Cleaning Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Vital Car Cleaning Thread

The car wash I use on the busiest road I to town has some friendly Albanians and Romanians (I assume), always make a fuss of the boy through the window. It must be legit (to a point) given the visibility of it. I suspect most are proper businesses doing most things legally - until it comes to paying the right level of tax or adding sine other sourced funds to the mix as I think 57 mentioned. Ironically it’s a british Asian guy that owns my local one who lives in a very house.

To make Col happy, I quite like cleaning the car a couple of times of year. Karcher and meguiars Classic gold shampoo. I haven’t got that end accessory might look at that for the sake of a tenner.

Thanks for that, hadn't even given it a thought if I'm honest. Sort of assumed re tax, but then, sort of assume that about a good few who are low paid businesses!

Glad I've made the transition to my own car cleaning service but if I hadn't, after reading that, I would be.

I watched a documentary on it a few years ago, Customs raided one and it was organised illegal workers who all lived in the same house never got a proper wage. They'd thrown their passports away so they couldn't be sent back to Afganistan. Bound over to appear at the police station the next week and of course, they had all disappeared by then
Let's just say I doubt many if any are registered businesses. No different to pimping to me
I won't use them as it's encouraging slavery but also putting bonified car washes out of business after they have spend thousands installing auto washes

The real issue here is not just those in the article, but the fact that the Inland Revenue know full well it is going on and would prefer to harass others who have a permanent address who are a sitting duck.
These car washes should have been vetted and licensed years ago.

I know there are people out there who won't use Amazon or Starbucks or anything Mike Ashley owns because of their principles but wouldn't think twice about using an illegal car wash because they think they are helping them when they actively encourage illegal work and people trafficking.

Sorry, Col we are ruining your thread here. Out there there are many mobile valeting companies who do some amazing jobs but for a realistic price or rather they have to charge more as its a legitimate business

I know there are people out there who won't use Amazon or Starbucks or anything Mike Ashley owns because of their principles but wouldn't think twice about using an illegal car wash because they think they are helping them when they actively encourage illegal work and people trafficking.

Sorry, Col we are ruining your thread here. Out there there are many mobile valeting companies who do some amazing jobs but for a realistic price or rather they have to charge more as its a legitimate business
Anyway, to get this thread back on subject, as previously posted I washed my car Sunday and it looked fantastic, gone out this morning only to find the gulls nesting on the roof have shit all over it.
Buggers.
( You will note the use of the term gulls as opposed to seagulls following sirdennis s tutorial in an earlier thread.)

I have some special bird poo spray that came in the valet kit I had, It's one thing I do get off as it eats into the paint very quickly, The rest I wash off with rainwater as it's free and falls from the sky like a big shower.

I'd probably actually use my jet wash if it wasn't such a pain to set up. The external tap is at the back of the house and the nearest 240v socket is in the hall. So hose pipes and extension leads plus stopping the Dogs escaping is all too much faffing about for me and the jet wash hose tangles it'self up and pulls the whole unit over. GRRRRRR

I have some special bird poo spray that came in the valet kit I had, It's one thing I do get off as it eats into the paint very quickly, The rest I wash off with rainwater as it's free and falls from the sky like a big shower.

I'd probably actually use my jet wash if it wasn't such a pain to set up. The external tap is at the back of the house and the nearest 240v socket is in the hall. So hose pipes and extension leads plus stopping the Dogs escaping is all too much faffing about for me and the jet wash hose tangles it'self up and pulls the whole unit over. GRRRRRR
Amazing how quickly that stuff damages the paintwork. I had a patch on my Tornado Red Golf GTD after the car was left for just two days without cleaning it off.
Paint job ruined, wouldnt even cut back despite loads of attention, all I ever saw after that was that patch on the bonnet.
Pleased when some bastard stole it, at least I didnt have to look at it anymore.