The official "Teach Clive English" thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The official "Teach Clive English" thread

• Thread starter Villan Of The North
  • Start date
I have now lived longer in the Black Country than my native Great Barr, and I was amazed by the variation in accent and dialect within a few miles. Netherton to Lye is different.

Clubpaver - 7/6/2014 15:47

ClivetheVillan - 7/6/2014 15:43

Have you got a cold ;)

Only you would get that right Clive. :1: :1:

Actually, it took me 20 seconds. However, it does help that right now I'm working with a couple of folk from Wolverhampton.

You must tell us a few Enoch ("Aynock") and Eli ("Ehloy") stories, Clive.

I know Aynoch he's a great bloke. Ayli passed away some years back.
Aynoch is always an old fashioned gentleman, and he used to do the best hot pork sandwiches from his shop in Netherton

I do love the Black Country accent.

Playing cricket at places like Old Hill and Stourbridge were great fun although it was hard to know what the crowd were saying to you.

They were (see i am learning i didn't say they am or was) probably singing ''wim gonna win ya we am wim gonna win ya we am, cos you have played a yam yam''

Interesting we don't have a similar thread for Danny Villaman. Being born deaf and being born in the black country are equally debilitating :)

sirdennis - 8/6/2014 14:52

I do love the Black Country accent.

Playing cricket at places like Old Hill and Stourbridge were great fun although it was hard to know what the crowd were saying to you.
A lot of Stourbridge folk reckon they ay Black Country funnily enough.

Saurat - 9/6/2014 12:47

Interesting we don't have a similar thread for Danny Villaman. Being born deaf and being born in the black country are equally debilitating :)
Didn't know that about Danny he is a footie wise Villan not seen him on hear for a bit tbh,

Anyhow Saurat dude i had some cracking real cheese the other day, proper Cathedral City stuff :17: