The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 84 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

I'd like to suggest a young double as our 'dream ticket'.

John Terry and Frank Lampard.

Lampard's name has been mentioned with the vacant Derby seat. I think they would be ideal. Lampard knows a thing or two about midfield and scoring from midfield and we all know about Terry.

Dare the good doctor go for them?

Lampard's name has been mentioned with the vacant Derby seat. I think they would be ideal. Lampard knows a thing or two about midfield and scoring from midfield and we all know about Terry.

Lol, that's a great shout Pride!!

Would certainly put us back in the newsfeeds!!

Why not? Terry could be player/joint manager for one season. He's already going for his badges as I'm sure is Lampard otherwise he wouldn't be mentioned re the Derby job.

I wasn't knocking your idea at all! Just hadn't thought that far out of the box. Certainly would be interesting. I'm pretty sure Lampard has his badges, from memory.

I know Brucey has been through a hard few months on a personal side, which I do feel for him. However, sentiment cannot be allowed to mist up the future.

For me, it is abundantly clear that he has run his time. What I don't want, is for Brucey to be coming out to the press conferences during next season saying sorry he'd got it wrong again and again like he did about 4 or 5 times this season just ended.

He is not a young inexperienced manager, and yet he admits to those mistakes. If it wasn't for them, we would of made promotion automatically, that I'm sure, but no.

So, it has to be thanks for your effort Brucey, but goodbye.

Gareth Southgate may be an option once England crash out of the World Cup

Nahhh he was shyte at Boro and as England manager only has a 50% win rate. England will bomb out of the world cup.
May even be unbeaten with a series of 0-0 draws.

We have tried and tested. How would Allardyce (big friends with Steve Bruce) or Moyes be any different?

If it is to be tried and tested, then we stick with Bruce surely?

Whatever happens, as others have said, I'd expect Wyness / Xia to have already agreed what they are to do and that it can be communicated very quickly.

I cannot see any sense in removing Bruce. He's definitely on course to mend this club.
What we don't need now is a summer of disruption and gambling on another manager . We are on an upward trajectory

gareth southgate will do no worse than anyone else. good luck to him , at least he isnt some cockney media loved up wobble chopped bullshitter.

pvb1968 please feel free to respond to all of my posts, you really dont have to honestly. But thank you anyway.

I cannot see any sense in removing Bruce. He's definitely on course to mend this club.
What we don't need now is a summer of disruption and gambling on another manager . We are on an upward trajectory

Problem is, the upward trajectory would of been even better if Brucey hadn't had to come out and say "sorry, I got it wrong" a few times..... they ultimately cost us at the end of the day.

We have tried and tested. How would Allardyce (big friends with Steve Bruce) or Moyes be any different?

If it is to be tried and tested, then we stick with Bruce surely?

Whatever happens, as others have said, I'd expect Wyness / Xia to have already agreed what they are to do and that it can be communicated very quickly.

Bruce has been tried, tested, done something but also found wanting. It's not obvious to me that he can improve things; we've run into similar problems time and time again. So it's worth considering Moyes and Allerdyce. Both could do a good job.

If Wyness / Xia stick with Bruce, I'll respect their judgement (even if I have big doubts). I hope if they opt for change others will also give them the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure I see them as a step up McParland, they are also tried and tested and have often been removed from their jobs for not fulfilling their criteria either.

Top marks for thinking outside the box Pride. Certainly very very interesting!. Respect of the players and prospective players being attracted that's for sure. And we would never be off Sky.

What a gamble though . But then what manager isn't.

Very true but like many other games this season we had a shit 1st half and gave one of the best teams in the league a head start. How many performances like that have we seen this season? It's not just 1 game that's cost us its a lot whole load of others that we failed to turn up in. From the opening day vs Hull where we were shite but I kept being told that they were a good side and it was a good point to hull away where we had 1 chance in the opening minute then were outplayed by one of the worst sides in the league. The whole season has been peppered with shit showings like yesterday's 1st half and its cost us time and time again and I'm sick of hearing that he's doing an Incredible job. I didn't have much confidence that he'd get us promoted with what is the most expensively assembled squad in the history of second tier football so I've absolutely zero confidence that he will do it with a few cheap/free transfers and a few kids who he doesn't rate.

As for my view on Bruce. If we are relying on youngsters as is suggested then they will need guiding and help from an experienced manager . Bruce massively fits that bill. But in my view to totally convince me that Bruce is right to carry on he has to get the team to be more dynamic and play quickly through the middle. What we do is too predictable. Play on the front foot yesterday I think we would have won. Maybe the fact that he has to play younger players means this will force his hand into this.