The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 203 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

There are managers that build a team from what they are given, bring their youth through and work wonders, We have a manager that couldn't build a team if he was given endless pots of money, bad results just get him looking for more recruits in the hope things will change.We have a good squad of players just crying out for a manager who knows how to make it work. lets hope we can find one ASAP.

After reading the last 48hrs thread, I agree with the passion about no system, and relying on a moment of magic. (I could comment on many teams that ‘put their boots on’ and did well). I have a feeling we will beat Bristol City, and alas, if SB goes, he should be applauded for his tenure amongst the shit he inherited and putting a fair bit of pride back into AVFC (we could have done a Sunderland), and let’s not forget....how many people could have tackled this amongst such terrible personal circumstances. Onwards UTV.

Fascinating! Can we resurrect Brian?

One of the brightest. Revie was no slouch either but I couldn't stand Leeds or their mentality; there was something inherently nasty about it.

A lot of clubs have problems when players have been there too long. Players have to respect the manager and when that goes something has to give, and if those players win it's not good for the club. I believe Everton had the problem and maybe still have. Clough probably had the right idea about bringing new players into Leeds.

After reading the last 48hrs thread, I agree with the passion about no system, and relying on a moment of magic. (I could comment on many teams that ‘put their boots on’ and did well). I have a feeling we will beat Bristol City, and alas, if SB goes, he should be applauded for his tenure amongst the shit he inherited and putting a fair bit of pride back into AVFC (we could have done a Sunderland), and let’s not forget....how many people could have tackled this amongst such terrible personal circumstances. Onwards UTV.
Think most people recognise that he has bought stability to a team in free fall but unfortunately for us and him he just seems incapable of taking us any further.

After 2 plus years the club is now going backwards and Bruce is denying the club hope for the future which is not right at all.

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope." ( George Washington Carver)

Sums up Steve Bruce rather well.

Last edited:
Bruce from todays press conference:

"We have scored enough goals but we have conceded far too many. We have to be better without the ball and more concentrated. If we do that, it will bring a little bit of confidence."

I just don't know what to say anymore.

Last edited:
Bruce`s press conferences are more like propaganda videos than press conferences the guy who asks him the questions is told what to say and what not to say and anything that would be considered negative towards the manager is a big no-no. This just enables Bruce to say the same shit over and over again, as soon as the villa employees questions are answered they always cut the feed basically watching it is a total waste of time.

Bruce from todays press conference:

"We have scored enough goals but we have conceded far too many. We have to be better without the ball and more concentrated. If we do that, it will bring a little bit of confidence."

I just don't know what to say anymore.

When something is not right in a match, managers usually get the team together and try to sort it by the next match. Not the next transfer window or whatever.

One of the reasons we need change is that he actually believes (from comments such as "we have scored enough goals") that we just need to go back to the boring, attritional shit that constitutes the vast majority of performances he has delivered. Same old same old. Change the personnel not the approach. He cannot respond to the need for change effectively.

He is a busted flush and I would put my house on the fact that he will never get us into the automatic promotion places. I'll be surprised if we do anything more than challenge for the lower play off places at absolute best. As for entertaining football, forget it.

Sorry, thanks for stabilising the club but I have had more than enough. Time to move on for both parties.

His transfer dealings remind me of a kid who doesn't really know what he wants or likes and is given a new expensive toy for his birthday and soon afterwards he decides he doesn't like it because it's not the right one so he discards it and then demands we go out and buy another new one, please.

It's always easier when it isn't your own money - as the clubs he has managed have all found out after he moves on leaving a load of discarded and unwanted players on the books.

Last edited:
His transfer dealings remind me of a kid who doesn't really know what he wants or likes and is given a new expensive toy for his birthday and soon afterwards he decides he doesn't like it because it's not the right one so he discards it and then demands we go out and buy another new one, please.

It's always easier when it isn't your own money - as the clubs he has managed have all found out after he moves on leaving a load of discarded and unwanted players on the books.

Could be talking about O'Neil there Thomas.
The only real differences being, O'Neil knew how to take the brake off, as well as knowing when it was time to leave.

After 2 plus years the club is now going backwards and Bruce is denying the club hope for the future which is not right at all.

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope." ( George Washington Carver)

Sums up Steve Bruce rather well.

Absolutely spot on Thomas. This guy has got more tictacs than tactics!!!.............

We have scored 10 goals in 4 games, we won 3 of them and drew 1.

So then we have scored 5 goals in the 5 other games, so we haven`t scored enough goals as we do not have a defence that can keep sheets.

The bloke talks total bollocks.