The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 150 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Ahem.

My referee reports were done and submitted.

Very disappointed you missed them.

100.webp

yep no doubt I am old thats my excuse lol

The fans expectancy levels must be at an all time low by suggesting in the whole world that a club like Villa that Steve Bruce is the best manager we can get.
Leeds have gone and employed Biesla and we keep BRUCE.
Shows a lack of industry to keep him.

I really think it's doing a great disservice to the great Marcos Evangelista de Morais to use the name Cafu here, it's just delusional nonsense.

The fans expectancy levels must be at an all time low by suggesting in the whole world that a club like Villa that Steve Bruce is the best manager we can get.
Leeds have gone and employed Biesla and we keep BRUCE.
Shows a lack of industry to keep him.

Pretty sure if you asked fans of all the other teams in this division most would be happy to have Bruce as their manager. The problem is sometimes our expectations are too high and unrealistic given our current position

Was hoping we'd have got a striker in for tomorrow. Bruce obviously knows we need one and a winger and a CB. Lot to get done in 2 weeks

I'd bet that before the reading game we'll have at least 2 new players arriving. A striker and a centre half with hopefully a winger soon after.

A striker isn't that desperate a need, neither is a winger, as believe it or not, there are ways of playing without either a winger, or a dedicated number 9.
Actually playing without a number 9, can cause all types of confusion in the opponents defence, simply because the central defenders have no specific player to mark.

I think I, along with 60,000 other fans, were hoping that Mr Bruce might, just possibly might, try playing Tuanzebe alongside Chester at centreback, a place where his speed did save us a couple of times against Yeovil.
Surely he has seen what the rest of us have seen, namely that Jedinak is not a central defender and having him there restricts the other defenders.

There are two ways to become a successful team and nowadays neither is particularly speedy.
One is the Chelsea/Man City way.
That is get an owner who is willing to throw billions at the team.
Man City were the last to go down that route and its taken them the best part of a decade to get where they are.
This way of becoming a big club is now impossible, thanks to FFP, brought in by the already big clubs to stop their little club being invaded.
That leaves open the second way, which is by building your club from the base up.
That means having a way of playing that does three things.
One; it is entertaining for the watching public.
Two; it is attractive enough to bring in huge advertising because it is attractive to TV audiences.
Three; it is solid enough to guarantee a 50% win rate.
This way will also take a minimum of a decade, if luck is on your side.
The good thing about the second way of doing things is it is less likely to implode.

Pretty sure if you asked fans of all the other teams in this division most would be happy to have Bruce as their manager. The problem is sometimes our expectations are too high and unrealistic given our current position
That's because most of them don't have the same ambition as us, nor the resources (accepted that we nearly went bump). SB is an underdogs manager, he gets unexpected results. But it will never be with style and it will never deliver at the highest level.

What he has is a knack of winning and is well liked by his team. I get the feeling he is a man of his word and loyal - a likeable guy. He is not someone who will develop a player or a team beyond hard work. That is probably enough for this league.

He is an honest, likeable Pullis - another who will divide a fanbase.

That's because most of them don't have the same ambition as us, nor the resources (accepted that we nearly went bump). SB is an underdogs manager, he gets unexpected results. But it will never be with style and it will never deliver at the highest level.

What he has is a knack of winning and is well liked by his team. I get the feeling he is a man of his word and loyal - a likeable guy. He is not someone who will develop a player or a team beyond hard work. That is probably enough for this league.

He is an honest, likeable Pullis - another who will divide a fanbase.

If we were in the top flight I'm sure those same people may give a different response, but we aren't and most feel he is the sort of guy we need to get us back up. The over the top reaction towards him after 1 defeat is embarrassing enough, but we're now even complaining when we've won 3 from 3. Surely this is the time for everyone to be getting behind them all.

TBF Brucie delivered 3 bad patches last year which cost us. Winning mask all other deficiencies, but losing streaks will always bring into question his methods, his strategies especially by the half of the fanbase that don't want him here.

He is and always will be marmite and if you don't like it and are forced to eat it, expect a tantrum now and again.

No one is ever 100% correct on here and we all have our entrenched views. We are all united by our allegiance to AVFC and I think I do speak for 100% of the forum when I say we all want the best for the club. We just have a different picture of how to achieve success. Look to the divide in the Gooners camp over Wenger for how football ignites different opinion.

Bruce didn't deliver the bad patches , the players did. Those no shows at Bolton and home to QPR were down to players not delivering . Win those 2 games we were up

TBF Brucie delivered 3 bad patches last year which cost us. Winning mask all other deficiencies, but losing streaks will always bring into question his methods, his strategies especially by the half of the fanbase that don't want him here.

He is and always will be marmite and if you don't like it and are forced to eat it, expect a tantrum now and again.

No one is ever 100% correct on here and we all have our entrenched views. We are all united by our allegiance to AVFC and I think I do speak for 100% of the forum when I say we all want the best for the club. We just have a different picture of how to achieve success. Look to the divide in the Gooners camp over Wenger for how football ignites different opinion.
Not much chance of unity on this site Merd with all our problems.
When the likes of Chelsea, United,Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans ring 606 on a Saturday night all complaining about their various teams and managers and they are relativley successful.
But as you say we want the best for the Villa.