The Official Newport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Tony Pulis "for all your Newport needs") | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Official Newport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Tony Pulis "for all your Newport needs")

Why wasn't Bogle booked for inciting the crowd after the first penalty?
That was very much the question asked by others around me.

I'm pretty sure Gills players have been booked for lesser gestures to the crowd (for some reason v. Norwich occurs to me...)

Didn't the FA / EFL toughen guidance to refs ?

Having been warned by the Ref. Bogle did it again (all-be-it less).

I do get where you`re coming from. My view is that the microscope lens should expand to a wider view in order to quantify the problem.

Hate related behaviour similar to that seen at Priestfield yesterday is happening at other grounds. If you believe that the problem is limited to GFC then perhaps you haven`t visited many other grounds in recent years. Sadly though, it`s far more widely evident in our towns and cities in non-football related situations. As Omar Bogle said yesterday : "Listen this problem is bigger than just in football but in life and as we keep saying. There's no place for racism." He`s spot on.

I do, indeed, mention that behaviour such as seen at Priestfield yesterday is reflective of society as a whole - it is. That`s where the main issue rests.

The shame I feel is on society, not GFC. The football club is trying to do something about the current issue at Priestfield. I feel those who say they are ashamed of GFC are myopic in outlook, missing the point or perhaps reluctant to look behind a headline.
I don’t believe I am that Naive or short sighted but you seem to disagree on that front when I have never met you and you can only come to that conclusion from my comments on here.

I don’t agree with you but have never gone on the attack, thank you for your thoughts on me duly ignored.

I don’t believe I am that Naive or short sighted but you seem to disagree on that front when I have never met you and you can only come to that conclusion from my comments on here.

I don’t agree with you but have never gone on the attack, thank you for your thoughts on me duly ignored.
Funny, it seems like you have gone on the attack against the whole Gills support due to a small mindless minority.

Even the Notts County and Newport managers and Bogle recognised that, so why can't you?

I’m sorry that you can’t understand where I am coming from in relation to our Club and a large section (although still a minority) that are dragging our Club through the mire and continuing to do so.
Yesterday was yet again the same problem, one arrest, a life time ban to go with it but we are in the newspapers, on Sky Sports news all about racist gestures not a positive news for our Club. I stated that at least the Newport physio didn’t get any grief however that was soon corrected by Missisle so more durge from our fan base.
The last 12 months has been embarrassing from our fans now on at least half a dozen occasions.
You state society and to an extent you are right but I don’t see other Premier League/ EFL clubs being mentioned consistently for their fan’s behaviour like ours currently are.
Finally B&S have been a breath of fresh air through our Club in less that 12 months and I have a concern that they might feel they didn’t expect this sort of thing from the “English” ultimately plug the plug and look elsewhere for the entertainment as they and genuine supporters and decent folk of the Medway Towns deserve better than how we are being represented.
When you say the last 12 months have been embarrassing from our fans, that's a massive over exaggeration; you are aware it's just a handful, you make it sound like thousands. All those occasions were dealt with and we moved on. Yesterday was just one knobhead out of a near 6,000 crowd and again it was dealt with very swiftly with an arrest and a lifetime ban. Move on.

When you say the last 12 months have been embarrassing from our fans, that's a massive over exaggeration; you are aware it's just a handful, you make it sound like thousands. All those occasions were dealt with and we moved on. Yesterday was just one knobhead out of a near 6,000 crowd and again it was dealt with very swiftly with an arrest and a lifetime ban. Move on.

It wasn't just one yesterday, three others went for sexist and homophobic chanting.

That fans actions were an embarrassment for the club and fans, but the players performance was just as embarrassing, if not more so.

Personally, I think Nichols is more of a link man between midfield and attack than an out and out striker, hence why he has not scored this season so that leaves us with....
1. Bonne
2. Hawkins
3. Nadesan.

So we are operating with 33% of the strike force we could have reasonably expected.

Yes, the latter two could be back at any time (but without match fitness) and we can add in January if the right player becomes available but otherwise any new manager will have the same problem.
I agree with you here. Nichols when signed, said himself that he is more a creator of goals than a goal scorer.
So that leaves us with Nichols, J, Williams and Lapslie who all want to play in the same position/role. I wouldn't put Mahoney in the same boat as these but he also wants to play a similar role.
I think we should of looked to a more central midfielder who was a ball player who could link defence and attack instead of J,Williams in the summer.
Dieng who cost us 150k and is supposed to be that player hasn't done anything yet and has been disappointing for me.
Williams is also on a 3 year deal and for me has been a real disappointment so far.,I expected more form him.
I really hope all the players mentioned above can find there feet and have a great second half of the season as there is some real talent in there.

I didn`t mention naivety, Sturdy, neither do I believe that you are short sighted. The descriptions I used reflect my assertion, which might be right, might be wrong, that the issue, and feeling of shame associated with it, is much wider than GFC. Perhaps we can agree to disagree over the matter - it is an emotive issue. Sorry if I have offended you.

I didn`t mention naivety, Sturdy, neither do I believe that you are short sighted. The descriptions I used reflect my assertion, which might be right, might be wrong, that the issue, and feeling of shame associated with it, is much wider than GFC. Perhaps we can agree to disagree over the matter - it is an emotive issue. Sorry if I have offended you.
Thank you.

All I have done today in particular is respond to comments made against my posts, i truly believe that a small minority are causing the problems and harming the club that I love.

We have to wake up and get these people out of the stands ASAP but people seem to believe it’s just a one off - it’s not.

Strong action over the remainder of the season is required by the club and the fans alike.

I have had so many courses on diversity and social behaviour I have lost count and have come across it numerous times in the workplace from people that I just couldn’t believe would stoop to that level it’s abhorrent.

Whilst I would very much like to comment, on yesterday's forgetable afternoon. I think everyone has covered every issue and to be honest, don't know about anyone else, but I'm still numb.
I’m with you mate. Didn’t help it started raining before I got back to the car. Summed it all up really

Chris Foy, ex premier ref, says no penalty (play on) to the second one:

Exactly how I saw it at the time and after having seen the replay.

Exactly how I saw it at the time and after having seen the replay.
I’d need another angle before I would change my mind. I thought his arm was ridiculously high and asking for trouble. I couldn’t see how much contact there was but I thought it was a daft challenge

I’d need another angle before I would change my mind. I thought his arm was ridiculously high and asking for trouble. I couldn’t see how much contact there was but I thought it was a daft challenge
High arm definitely what influenced the ref. Viewed head on from RE Cheye looked frightened of the guy's pace and reacted accordingly. In all honesty I have no idea what constitutes a penalty now.

At the time I didn’t think the penalty was given because their player was brought down, rather it was for the swinging arm that caught their player in the throat, although he probably made a lot of it.