The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs") | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs")

A lot can still happen but whoever finishes 7th will have to be on a good run of form to grab it and will have good momentum going into the playoffs which could bode well.
The teams above could be a little off the pace as they look fairly secure and may be a little lacklustre in the final games of the season.

A lot can still happen but whoever finishes 7th will have to be on a good run of form to grab it and will have good momentum going into the playoffs which could bode well.
The teams above could be a little off the pace as they look fairly secure and may be a little lacklustre in the final games of the season.
Absolutely
IF we deserve it is totally subjective.
The facts are that the team finishing in seventh gets the last playoff place.
It’s then cup football.Feelings and opinions don’t over rule fact.

A man obviously wouldn't get something wrong :rolleyes:

I can only assume the person that OSK referred to re the Morecambe vlog must be a woman as well.

Correct to criticise the mistake, why is the gender relevant?

Christ. The irony (if I’m ok to assume you are a male? Maybe I got that as wrong as you have).

You should do just a little research first before you make a statement and come to your conclusions G58.

Christ. The irony (if I’m ok to assume you are a male? Maybe I got that as wrong as you have).

You should do just a little research first before you make a statement and come to your conclusions G58.
Not completely sure, OSK, but I think you may have completely misunderstood Gills58's post

I understand his post. But I don’t like him making assumptions about my post especially when he makes wrong assumptions and tars me with a brush.

That's not my interpretation of his post at all.

To me it reads completely as a dig at gills69 for mentioning the fact that it was a woman. The only reason that I can see why Gills58 mentions your post is because your post also mentioned someone who got their facts wrong. He's referring to a vlog that it just so happens to be you that posted, he's not in any way referring to you, accusing you of anything, or tarring you with any brush.

Or at least, that's how it reads to me.

Yes. Too many pretty boys doing silly celebrations these days. The top 3 worst celebrations these days are:

1. Rocking a baby
2. Cupping the ear to opposing fans
3. Sucking thumb.

Why can’t they just shake hands and retreat the the half way line.
Shake hands? Game's gone.

To me it reads completely as a dig at gills69 for mentioning the fact that it was a woman. The only reason that I can see why Gills58 mentions your post is because your post also mentioned someone who got their facts wrong. He's referring to a vlog that it just so happens to be you that posted, he's not in any way referring to you, accusing you of anything, or tarring you with any brush.

Que? G58 said -

“I can only assume the person that OSK referred to re the Morecambe vlog must be a woman as well”.

Why did G58 assume I picked out a woman making a false statement? Completely wrong, it was a lad actually, but that’s not the real point. He then went on to accuse people of making gender the issue. I made no mention of gender.

If none of it was aimed at me, why mention my post at all?

Why did G58 assume I picked out a woman making a false statement?

He didn't. He was making a point. Gills69 mentioned that it was a female commentator as if that was relevant and only female commentators would make mistakes. Gills58 suggested (tongue in cheek) that obviously a man wouldn't get their facts wrong, so "obviously", by that logic, the vlogger from your video (who also got their facts wrong) would've had to be a woman too. I suspect he knows full well that it was a man.

He then went on to accuse people of making gender the issue. I made no mention of gender.

- Yes, Gills69 made gender the issue. At no point does anyone suggest that you did.

If none of it was aimed at me, why mention my post at all?

- Because in your post there's an example of a man also getting their facts wrong about the Gills. That's it.

Sorry OSK, but I really think you've well and truly got the wrong end of the stick on this one. I honestly can't see how Gills58's post is about you or aimed at you in any way, shape or form. To me, it reads entirely as a dig at Gillg69.

He didn't. He was making a point. Gills69 mentioned that it was a female commentator as if that was relevant and only female commentators would make mistakes. Gills58 suggested (tongue in cheek) that obviously a man wouldn't get their facts wrong, so "obviously", by that logic, the vlogger from your video (who also got their facts wrong) would've had to be a woman too. I suspect he knows full well that it was a man.

- Yes, Gills69 made gender the issue. At no point does anyone suggest that you did.

- Because in your post there's an example of a man also getting their facts wrong about the Gills. That's it.

Sorry OSK, but I really think you've well and truly got the wrong end of the stick on this one. I honestly can't see how Gills58's post is about you or aimed at you in any way, shape or form. To me, it reads entirely as a dig at Gillg69.

AH. You think I may have simply been whooshed?

Hmm, maybe your version is correct madrid and I’ve judged G58 unfairly. He was simply being sarcastic. If so, I’ll await G58 confirming that with a quick “sorry for the confusion OSK, wasn’t aimed at you at all, you’ve been whooshed” 👍

Or a “No, I assumed you were being a misogynist”….

Yes. Too many pretty boys doing silly celebrations these days. The top 3 worst celebrations these days are:

1. Rocking a baby
2. Cupping the ear to opposing fans
3. Sucking thumb.

Why can’t they just shake hands and retreat the the half way line.
Spurs are the team I follow in EPL but Son's repeated camera celebration is beginning to make me cringe, as well. :slap:

I don't know where it started but can only think it is something to do with Japanese tourists taking so many photos? Son is, of course, South Korean.

Spurs are the team I follow in EPL but Son's repeated camera celebration is beginning to make me cringe, as well. :slap:

I don't know where it started but can only think it is something to do with Japanese tourists taking so many photos? Son is, of course, South Korean.
I preferred Chloe Kelly’s method of celebrating a goal.

Spot on, thank you.

AH. You think I may have simply been whooshed?

Hmm, maybe your version is correct madrid and I’ve judged G58 unfairly. He was simply being sarcastic. If so, I’ll await G58 confirming that with a quick “sorry for the confusion OSK, wasn’t aimed at you at all, you’ve been whooshed” 👍

Or a “No, I assumed you were being a misogynist”….
Hi OSK.

Madrid was spot on with his interpretation.

Absolutely NOT a dig at you. Far from it, you didn't mention gender anyway.

Can understand that you misread it but again, not a criticism of you at all. Wasn't meant to be a whoosh of you either.
🙂

Last edited: