The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs") | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs")

Without wanting to sound all 'Joey Barton' the voice over woman on EFL last night p'd me off with her "rare Gillingham away win" comment.

We've won 9 away this season FFS. Only table toppers Mansfield have won more.

In a similar vein, a Morecambe fan in one of the above vlogs taking about Gills said “They started the season poorly but have been going very well lately “ 😂

Without wanting to sound all 'Joey Barton' the voice over woman on EFL last night p'd me off with her "rare Gillingham away win" comment.

I thought exactly the same thing.

At least do a bit of research.

Salford and Morecambe this month.
Notts County last month.
Accrington and Colchester in January.

We did have a dry spell after winning our first 3 away games this season, all in August, only beating the Swine in the four months from September to December inclusive, but even then you could add our win at Hereford in the cup.

Fourth best away record in the division... as long as we're counting points rather than goal difference.

What's very strange about our season in our first 20 games we had only one draw (11 wins, 9 defeats) and in the next 20 it's been six wins, six defeats and eight draws. That's quite a swing.

Why does Hawkins never seem to celebrate goals...his or anyone elses?
Cracking win and now the fun begins. I checked yesterday and what a bloody tough run in we have.

A man obviously wouldn't get something wrong :rolleyes:

I can only assume the person that OSK referred to re the Morecambe vlog must be a woman as well.

Correct to criticise the mistake, why is the gender relevant?

Cracking win and now the fun begins. I checked yesterday and what a bloody tough run in we have.
About what you would expect. Three teams above us (Mansfield, Crewe and Barrow) and three mid table teams below us (Harrogate, Bradford and Donny) who realistically have little to play for - particularly if Harrogate lose at Wimbledon on Good Friday.

We will not be playing any team fighting for their lives, which can be an advantage at this stage.

Crewe have taken 4 points from their last 5 games (one less than us). Harrogate have taken 6 points from their last 6 games and Bradford have lost their last 4, scoring 1 and conceding 13 in the process.

Last edited:
That's what he is paid to do, why make a fuss about it.
He never seems like a personality who wants a big fuss. He usually sucks his thumb as his 'celebration' which I presume is something personal. Maybe he has high standards and an equaliser when we need wins isn't enough to get excited. I am sure if he had scored the 86th minute winner he may have been a bit more enthusiastic.

About what you would expect. Three teams above us (Mansfield, Crewe and Barrow) and three mid table teams below us (Harrogate, Bradford and Donny) who realistically have little to play for - particularly if Harrogate lose at Wimbledon on Good Friday.

We will not be playing any team fighting for their lives, which can be an advantage at this stage.

Crewe have taken 4 points from their last 5 games (one less than us). Harrogate have taken 6 points from their last 6 games and Bradford have lost their last 4, scoring 1 and conceding 13 in the process.
Business end of the season now & every match day there will be unexpected results as nerves kick in. Lot of pressure for those teams at the top & as Crewe are currently showing a team can hit the standard poor run at the wrong time.

As ever I would hope we concentrate on our ability & quality rather than worrying too much about our opponents. Let them worry about us. And that was the correct message given at last by Clemence before the Morecambe game which was good to hear.

We might not be good enough. We might not deserve it. But if we finish 7th & qualify for the play offs, will the final table lie? Personally I think it's unlikely we will get into the play offs but if we do then it should be taken without self recriminations.
Agree with this, if we get into 7th we deserve to be there. I don’t think we will, but there are at least 21 shite teams in this league, we’re just not one of the shitest, thankfully.

Crawley's next 4 are pretty tough also

Home to Doncaster next on paper looks like a home win, but Donny have won 6 and only lost 1 in their last 10.

Newport away, Mansfield away and Wrexham away after.

Still all to play for but we need to show some consistency. Too many times this season we've got a good win and followed it up with an abject performance.

Crawley's next 4 are pretty tough also

Home to Doncaster next on paper looks like a home win, but Donny have won 6 and only lost 1 in their last 10.

Newport away, Mansfield away and Wrexham away after.

Still all to play for but we need to show some consistency. Too many times this season we've got a good win and followed it up with an abject performance.
Absolutely, but the five in midfield has given me more optimism than the five at the back, seems to work better with the players we have too.