The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs")

Rollercoaster of an away win. 3 goals. 3 points. A goal from distance.

Huge result this which keeps the play off dream alive.

Credit to the players for their never say die attitude & to SC for his attacking subs.

Got to keep believing & this performance gives you hope.

Would be wrong not to mention that bottle job of a ref. Home town decision like no other I've seen in a long time.
I wonder what Holy thought of that decision. ;)

Last edited:
Good lord indeed! I kept on getting frustrated with us, from the hoofing in gale-force winds to the static midfield. I felt today we got a win despite that midfield, which is weird considering two of them scored.

Will I take the win? Absolutely.

I’m warming to Morecambe. There are some wonderful buildings, from grand hotels to stonework and art-deco. It just desperately needs a lick of paint and some life given to it.

IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_6480.jpeg

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6500.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6509.jpeg

Three shots three goals, but it`s goals that count !

The Shrimps` defence looked vulnerable from early on IMHO, which is why we were always going to be in this game.

I`d hoped we`d turn Morecambe around to start the game, as with a very strong wind we`d a chance of getting in front. As it happened, the weather turned a bit and we were at an advantage in the second because when the sun came out after half-time it was shining brightly directly in the eyes of their keeper.

Slew and the ref - looked from where we were sitting that the player had raised his arms - should have been a red card. Having said that, had he been sent off, Morecambe might well have changed their shape and we may have been in the often difficult situation of facing a 10 man defence.

Liked the look of Josh Andrews. Whilst his was little more than a cameo, he appeared to offer improved mobility, strength and, with no offence aimed at the Hawks, a little more feistiness.

Very pleased with the result, we`re still at the races. UTG

Good lord indeed! I kept on getting frustrated with us, from the hoofing in gale-force winds to the static midfield. I felt today we got a win despite that midfield, which is weird considering two of them scored.

I’m warming to Morecambe. There are some wonderful buildings, from grand hotels to stonework and art-deco. It just desperately needs a lick of paint and some life given to it.

View attachment 72287

View attachment 72288

View attachment 72289

View attachment 72290

View attachment 72291

View attachment 72292

View attachment 72293

View attachment 72294
Nice of them to name a beer after our style of play (far left).

View attachment 72287

View attachment 72288

View attachment 72289

View attachment 72290

View attachment 72291

View attachment 72292

View attachment 72293

View attachment 72294
Nice pics. Especially of the Winter Gardens. I saw, or rather was taken to, Alma Cogan there! Laurel and Hardy also appeared there on their UK tour in the Fifties, in sight of Stan's birthplace -Ulverston- across the bay, well in sight of it when it's not raining.

View attachment 72287

View attachment 72288

View attachment 72289

View attachment 72290

View attachment 72291

View attachment 72292

View attachment 72293

View attachment 72294
Trev,

All joking aside mate you should be supporter of the year the miles and commitment to the cause surpass anyone I know.

Take a bow sir 🎩

Nice pics. Especially of the Winter Gardens. I saw, or rather was taken to, Alma Cogan there! Laurel and Hardy also appeared there on their UK tour in the Fifties, in sight of Stan's birthplace -Ulverston- across the bay, well in sight of it when it's not raining.
Ah right, that was the Winter Gardens? I felt it summed up Morecambe quite well as it looked beautiful but empty, then further up in the image is an astonishing shithole between two art decor buildings which deserve some love.

IMG_6482.jpeg

Last edited:
That was great today, how good is it to win 3-2 with 86 gone? Somehow we’re still in it, I really think we need to win at least 4 potentially 5 of the last 6 to make the playoffs. Was thinking with 70 gone - good can get put out of my misery watching this sht and just accept there’s no chance. Now can dare to dream. Have to beat Crewe on Friday and hope Crawley start slipping up. Andrews had a good cameo, I know Hawkins scored but Jesus we’re in need of an upgrade. How’s Jorge getting on? His run against Swindon had me thinking he’s like bloody Maradona (a couple of decent games at Priestfield- reasonable comparison). Let’s get him back if he can make it for the last couple of games. Anyway, you never know your luck. UTG.