The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 29 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Jesus NO!!!! Controversy just follows him about wherever he is. I genuinely couldnt see Deano wanting an ego like that anywhere near Bodymoor.
He'll probably sign for ManU if he comes back to the PL

He's got an ego for sure but this latest controversy isn't really his fault to be fair. The blokes been getting some horrible racist abuse in Italy and isn't getting backed by his club. It'll never happen obviously.

I thought you were joking JW1985, but obviously not.

I think he has proven over and over that he's a walking disaster.

Apart from all his antics, is he actually any good?

Googling Jarrod Bowen has a lot of links to Newcastle - I really hope he doesn’t go to the Geordies to play left wing in a Bruce 4-5-1 defensive setup - that’ll be a very poor career move except for the big cheques on a weekly basis

If £10m is true, that's an absolute steal and we should be hanging our heads in shame lol

I can see the Bruce pull though, he gave him plenty of game time at Hull from memory.

Insomnia time, so may as well think about the villa. Had a fair look at our squad tonight, and came up with a forecast of this window and next, at least how i'd like to see it. More so with regards to outs, or who is expendable.

Outs:

Kalinic (Jan)
Kodj (Jan)
Summer:
Chester
Taylor
Elmo
Lansbury
Hourihane
Davis?

I think our full squad is 24 seniors at the moment. Get rid of Kodj and Kalinic this Jan to replace with a new striker (most of the players we've been linked with would do for me) and a winger (Bowen for me)

The rest for me could all be replaced like for like next summer. To be truly competitive, we should be looking at 20/30 mil calibre players for most of them. Priority for me would be left back (20), right back (20), a Grealish quality mid that can take free kicks! (30) and marquee striker (30). I know figures don't guarantee quality, but a good enough indicator for the standard of quality we should be going for in my opinion.

This is no disrespect to the majority of outs, but they've served a purpose and would still make a bit of money going to championship teams.

If we were given that kind of budget, I think we'd show enough ambition to keep Grealish, Mcginn and co. Much less and I think we'd end up treading water next year with our best players moving on.

re Davis - I rate him, just a bit of an enigma for me. Could he be remoulded as a Mcginn style mid? He doesn't score goals but does get involved. And no, we won't sell Wesley this summer, just ain't gonna happen. We should instead be hoping that whoever we buy this Jan (and in summer!) wakes him up a bit.

Gonna go back to bed and stare at my ceiling til work now. By which time I'll have Chester leading the line and SJM to replace Heaton....

Insomnia time, so may as well think about the villa. Had a fair look at our squad tonight, and came up with a forecast of this window and next, at least how i'd like to see it. More so with regards to outs, or who is expendable.

Outs:

Kalinic (Jan)
Kodj (Jan)
Summer:
Chester
Taylor
Elmo
Lansbury
Hourihane
Davis?

I think our full squad is 24 seniors at the moment. Get rid of Kodj and Kalinic this Jan to replace with a new striker (most of the players we've been linked with would do for me) and a winger (Bowen for me)

The rest for me could all be replaced like for like next summer. To be truly competitive, we should be looking at 20/30 mil calibre players for most of them. Priority for me would be left back (20), right back (20), a Grealish quality mid that can take free kicks! (30) and marquee striker (30). I know figures don't guarantee quality, but a good enough indicator for the standard of quality we should be going for in my opinion.

This is no disrespect to the majority of outs, but they've served a purpose and would still make a bit of money going to championship teams.

If we were given that kind of budget, I think we'd show enough ambition to keep Grealish, Mcginn and co. Much less and I think we'd end up treading water next year with our best players moving on.

re Davis - I rate him, just a bit of an enigma for me. Could he be remoulded as a Mcginn style mid? He doesn't score goals but does get involved. And no, we won't sell Wesley this summer, just ain't gonna happen. We should instead be hoping that whoever we buy this Jan (and in summer!) wakes him up a bit.

Gonna go back to bed and stare at my ceiling til work now. By which time I'll have Chester leading the line and SJM to replace Heaton....

I think Elmo is a more than capable back up at RB, he did ok last night despite not getting regular football. Also think Hourihane will be staying. Despite being regularly criticised by a few people on here, he is being used on a regular basis, Deano seems to see his strengths more than others.
We need to see who we can bring in before we start looking to offload people.

I think Elmo is a more than capable back up at RB, he did ok last night despite not getting regular football. Also think Hourihane will be staying. Despite being regularly criticised by a few people on here, he is being used on a regular basis, Deano seems to see his strengths more than others.
We need to see who we can bring in before we start looking to offload people.

I see your point with that, was more thinking of their age and money that we could recoup from them.

Also, they are players that to me are only good for a team fighting for survival. They suit us this year, but next year they will be dead wood if we are to progress