The Official Grimsby Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Methylenedioxymethamphetamine "for all your wild optimism needs") | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Grimsby Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Methylenedioxymethamphetamine "for all your wild optimism needs")

It’s a paradox.
Keep it tight and it’s unentertaining.
Try to play flowing football and we can’t get a result.
This group of players are not good enough to do both.
Either grind it out or entertain
Not both

3 games in hand Crawley,our form dire

Exactly, there's numerous factors against us and the only one in favour is that we're mathematically not out of it.

I mean I run 5k every day, but the chances of me winning Park Run next week would completely ignore the fact I'm nearly 42, a bit of a biffer and the undoubted capabilities of the other runners. It's technically possible, but it won't be happening.

2 points from a possible 12, is simply not good enough.
3 subs were wrong and killed the game, SC having a shall we say..a difference of opinion with some of the supporters in the 2nd half was not a good look.

Oh well. At least we didn't lose.
I want accountability from KJ, Hess or both.

They owe the fans a very big sorry.

Or just resign.

You have failed the club and should leave.
And what about PDPS who probably recommended them? (Though this is just conjecture on my part)

Although a disappointing result the performance was better. If we'd converted a couple in the second half all would have been well.

Only having hawkins up front at home was disappointing but what could clemence really do. We have no other strikers to use.

I liked having lapslie and williams together.

Season definitly petering out and time to plan for next season. First decision for the club is whether Clemence is the man to lead us.........I think not.

Although a disappointing result the performance was better. If we'd converted a couple in the second half all would have been well.

Only having hawkins up front at home was disappointing but what could clemence really do. We have no other strikers to use.

I liked having lapslie and williams together.

Season definitly petering out and time to plan for next season. First decision for the club is whether Clemence is the man to lead us.........I think not.
SC is not the right man. He has failed.

Grimsby beat MK Dons last week. Tranmere beat Wrexham today. It’s a very even league. Only going by radio Kent but sounded like a really good game.

Not sure whether Clemence is the right man either but it would be really harsh to get rid of him without giving him a fair crack at it with his players next season, assuming he gets to choose the players that leave come/ in over the summer. That would IMO destroy any trust left in the process of appointing him as manager mid season.

If Clemence is to leave then KJ and Hess should be out the door too as the whole football board have failed. However removing the third part of the footballing board might not be so easy. Think they've got more questions to answer than Clemence IMO.

Last edited:
Out of interest, what would success look like and do you think another manager could have achieved it with these players?
I'm not sure but he doen't strike me as a person who has all the right attributes to lead. He might be a great coach but that does not make you a leader.

I would also point to the failure of at least 4 of our players. Not good enough and the sooner they leave the better too.

All this sleeping giant and i fell in love crap makes me sick. Cynical marketing designed to emotionally manipulate people.

The first marketing tool i can just i understood (the giant stuff) but launching s/ t sales after a narrow 1-0 win over Wrexham was manipulative. Especially giving peope a 1st April deadline and hiking up the kids prices for very little extra revenue.

I want another clear out in summer and maybe i will renew 2025/26.

When i attend the games i'm not feeling entertained and i don't enjoy the total mediocrity being served up.

It's time for those behind the scenes to resign after they have totally failed the club.

Or it's time for Brad to fire some staff.

Out of interest, what would success look like and do you think another manager could have achieved it with these players?

If we had Guardiola we would still be in the same position with these attacking options, created plenty of chances today but so weak in and around the box.

Not sure whether Clemence is the right man either but it would be really harsh to get rid of him without giving him a fair crack at it with his players next season, assuming he gets to choose the players that leave come/ in over the summer. That would IMO destroy any trust left in the process of appointing him as manager mid season.
If Clemence is to leave then KJ and Hess should be out the door too as the whole football board have failed. However removing the third part of the footballing board might not be so easy. Think they've got more questions to answer than Clemence IMO.
The whole point in changing direction and appointing a head coach instead of a manager is not to choose the players, but to work with them and improve them.

Unless BG decides to change direction again, a recruitment team (even if not the current one) will scout, choose and sign any new players. Hopefully, the penny will have dropped about the areas that desperately need improvement.

The whole point in changing direction and appointing a head coach instead of a manager is not to choose the players, but to work with them and improve them.

Unless BG decides to change direction again, a recruitment team (even if not the current one) will scout, choose and sign any new players. Hopefully, the penny will have dropped about the areas that desperately need improvement.

At the fans forum we were told both NH had and SC has a say in who we recruit in terms of players.