The Official Fleetwood Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Gillingham Nail Bar "for all your bitten fingernail needs") | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official Fleetwood Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Gillingham Nail Bar "for all your bitten fingernail needs")

Much as I admire what Harris has done at GFC
I cannot for the life of me understand today’s ‘tactics’.
Honestly , we were absolutely dreadful.

Well that's it were stuffed. Dreadful decision to send the 2 players off. Fleetwood will be a lot happier with that.
God I hate league 2

I`m afraid that the Gills looked like a bottom third L2 club today and got what they deserved.

The lack of an effective front line has cost us all season and continues to cost us dear; Kellman`s simply not been good enough and Oliver is a one man band with no support. Maybe Phillips could have a go beside Oliver next week.

But we were so easy to defend against - put two men on Oliver because there is no one else in a forward position.

Can't see any reason why the sending off's watched over and over Kelman's feet are on the ground. Perhaps the club have a case for appeal. Lane's feet are obscured by Kelman's body in the I follow pictures. Perhaps the rules do not allow this sort of challenge anymore if so they are wrong.Wondering if Lane made more of a meal of the challenge as he might have had his feet raised.

Given the position we would have been in had we lost, I’m actually quite pleased with that result.

We are clearly a better team away from home when we can counter attack. We have not won a home game since scraping 1-0 wins against both Crewe and Cambridge early in Harris's term.

So it is Pompey or bust, although who supports Oliver up front beats me. I might even be tempted to use Sithole off the bench as he has just regained fitness.

Actually, I notice the stats favoured Morecambe against Pompey today - 19 shots to 9 - so just maybe they are on the beach.

I’ve spent most of the day on the M1 so have had to rely on sparse updates from the ground on Radio 5, however they’ll be talking to the young Ukrainian lad at some point soon if anyone’s interested.

Not if he was taken to hospital , that would be extreme acting.
I have watched over and over but had no sound.Kelman appeared to possibly make contact with Lane's backside.Lane already grounded. Indicating perhaps Lane may well have had his feet raised.