The Official Crawley Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Nics and Nads "for all your forward line needs") | Vital Football

The Official Crawley Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Nics and Nads "for all your forward line needs")

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
A hard fought win at Sutton in the week preserved our 100% record and left us top of the pile without a league goal conceded by full time. "Lovely stuff" in the words of Shakin' Stevens.

Today there's another short trip for us and a sold out away end as we head to everyone's favourite cryptocurrency-backed club, Crawley, a side who everyone said would be nailed on to finish 24th, returning to the depths of non-league from whence they came. However, it seems that former-Gill, Scott Lindsey (12 apps 1994-95) hasn't read that particular script, somehow pulling together a squad on a budget that currently sit third in the fledgling table. And that's without their first choice forward line...

Amazing what seven points from three games can do for your confidence, the Crypto Mob seem incredibly optimistic on their forum prediction league, with most believing they'll find the net at least twice and virtually all predicting a home win. Wouldn't it be shame to micturate on those particular chips this afternoon?

Shaun Williams knee is apparently causing him gyp and he will therefore not take his place in midfield this afternoon, but the rest of the team is guesswork at this stage, Neil Harris retaining the spine and then making a smattering of changes each game so far. That said, it would be a surprise to see Nichols and Nadesan not lining up against their old side at kick-off.

Our record against Creepy is excellent, 9 wins from 15 and undefeated in nigh on 10 years, last season's dour 0-0 spoiling a run of three consecutive wins at their place in all competitions. Highlights-wise, it's gotta be the time that we celebrated like we'd "won the world cup" according to Men's Health cover model, BFSE, as Gills ran out 2-1 victors and Hess questioned his adversary's parentage while mentioning his heritage...

I've a feeling that today could well be a repeat of Tuesday, albeit with a better quality of football on display, Crawley apparently playing some reasonable stuff so far this season. Another 1-0 with Nadesan on the scoresheet would suit me (and I expect most of us) just fine, but I will accept any goalscorer.

Enjoy the game all, safe travels if you're attending and...

COYG!

Famous last words probably, but I saw AFC Wimbledon vs Crawley last season and thought they had very little about them. Ended up being just too good to go down, but not by much. It's not obvious to me that they've got a better squad than last season either, a couple of decent additions but they've bled a lot of the quality they had, as we all well know. I think their good run will be short lived and expect to see them in the bottom third of the table at season's end.

We should have enough quality to turn them over. A draw would be acceptable but I'll be a little bit disappointed to not take 3 points from this one, especially given their odious anti-football ownership.

It'd be very gills to lose today, but I'm hoping my inner pessimist is merely whispering nonsense and the strong mental image I have of a bag of chips being spoiled comes to fruition.

UTG ! Missed the boat with tickets for today, although I'm now really wishing I hadn't sat on the fence (was a possibility of having to work today earlier in the week). Ifollow via VPN for me today

Shaun Williams knee is apparently causing him gyp and he will therefore not take his place in midfield this afternoon, but the rest of the team is guesswork at this stage, Neil Harris retaining the spine and then making a smattering of changes each game so far. That said, it would be a surprise to see Nichols and Nadesan not lining up against their old side at kick-off.
He’s with the squad as they just turned up at the Crowne Plaza in Crawley where I’m staying - other injured players like Hawkins aren’t with them, but guess he may be with the squad as club captain.

I am a bit worried that we will underestimate Creepy.

Beating MK shows they are no mugs, particularly after MK had turned over Wrecksome with Eisa very prominent. Some reports said that Crawley could have more goals, too.

I also rate Will Wright higher than some others on here. Maybe not the most consistent and always had a mistake in him but capable of playing very well at times. Also one of our best dead ball takers, which he has already showed their fans v Bradford.

I am a bit worried that we will underestimate Creepy.

Beating MK shows they are no mugs, particularly after MK had turned over Wrecksome with Eisa very prominent. Some reports said that Crawley could have more goals, too.

I also rate Will Wright higher than some others on here. Maybe not the most consistent and always had a mistake in him but capable of playing very well at times. Also one of our best dead ball takers, which he has already showed their fans v Bradford.

Do you really think our club will underestimate the team in 3rd? I’m sure Neil, like you, also knows they’ve beaten Bradford and MK. If we lose it won’t be because we underestimated them, I’m sure of that.

A hard fought win at Sutton in the week preserved our 100% record and left us top of the pile without a league goal conceded by full time. "Lovely stuff" in the words of Shakin' Stevens.

Today there's another short trip for us and a sold out away end as we head to everyone's favourite cryptocurrency-backed club, Crawley, a side who everyone said would be nailed on to finish 24th, returning to the depths of non-league from whence they came. However, it seems that former-Gill, Scott Lindsey (12 apps 1994-95) hasn't read that particular script, somehow pulling together a squad on a budget that currently sit third in the fledgling table. And that's without their first choice forward line...

Amazing what seven points from three games can do for your confidence, the Crypto Mob seem incredibly optimistic on their forum prediction league, with most believing they'll find the net at least twice and virtually all predicting a home win. Wouldn't it be shame to micturate on those particular chips this afternoon?

Our record against Creepy is excellent, 9 wins from 15 and undefeated in nigh on 10 years, last season's dour 0-0 spoiling a run of three consecutive wins at their place in all competitions. Highlights-wise, it's gotta be the time that we celebrated like we'd "won the world cup" according to Men's Health cover model, BFSE, as Gills ran out 2-1 victors and Hess questioned his adversary's parentage while mentioning his heritage...

I've a feeling that today could well be a repeat of Tuesday, albeit with a better quality of football on display, Crawley apparently playing some reasonable stuff so far this season. Another 1-0 with Nadesan on the scoresheet would suit me (and I expect most of us) just fine, but I will accept any goalscorer.

Enjoy the game all, safe travels if you're attending and...

COYG!
Crawley Town have got their first choice forward line….Telford and Orsi

Do you really think our club will underestimate the team in 3rd? I’m sure Neil, like you, also knows they’ve beaten Bradford and MK. If we lose it won’t be because we underestimated them, I’m sure of that.
They were certainly very organised in their approach at the crowne plaza. Players having a snack while the coaches had an in depth chat, then they all went to a committee room for 10-15 mins then coach to the ground. Harris had a long heart to heart type chat with Lapslie so wonder whether he may miss out?

4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 similar to the game v Sutton but with slightly different personnel. Strong bench again too.

COYG

As lots are saying if it doesn’t go to plan that is a ridiculous bench at this level.

Happily, and barring injuries, our bench looks like it will be strong most weeks. Swap any of those starters with the subs and the bench is just as strong. Still Hawkins to come back, and no Clark on there. Astonishing depth compared to recent seasons.