The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread

The reality is that he has been piss poor for the most part. In the vast majority of his performances he comes off the bench, falls over, gets a yellow card, and achieves very little.

There's clearly talent there but he has seldom shown it. Now, if he can produce more between now and the end of the season then this will be truly fantastic. No one wants him to do badly. But at the end of the day, the criticism he has received based on his performances to date have been justified.

Yeah. It's that word again.

Gets confused with very strong opinions like ...don't think he is very good, hasn't performed etc.

Duran and Diaby Bern getting lots of 'hate' lately aswell then.
None of us hate any of our players, we just criticise them when they have been poor, some don't seem to get we are all Villa fans who want us to win and in between games we can discuss the failings of every player as well as praising them for what they are good at.
I take what they are good at for granted, then discuss what they need to or can improve on. Thankfully we now have a manager who thinks along those lines.
All our players have strong points and all of them have weak points but if you bring up the weak points you are some sort of hater, I just don't get it at all.

Cometh the hour and all that…. I don’t know why we want to write our own players off after such a short period. Especially a current Italian international only 24 years old playing in his first season in the PL. He’s strong, aggressive with plenty of skill. Yesterday he and Diaby caused lots of problems and that’s great news for the run in. Amazing that we have two like that who can’t get in the starting line up despite all our injuries and suspensions. Evidence of the incredible turnaround at the club.

Cometh the hour and all that…. I don’t know why we want to write our own players off after such a short period. Especially a current Italian international only 24 years old playing in his first season in the PL. He’s strong, aggressive with plenty of skill. Yesterday he and Diaby caused lots of problems and that’s great news for the run in. Amazing that we have two like that who can’t get in the starting line up despite all our injuries and suspensions. Evidence of the incredible turnaround at the club.
Also looking at the way Liverpool have loaded their squad with forward players, I don't think you can have too many of them. To be able to take off all front 3/4 players after 60/70 mins and replace them with fresh legs and ideas is now a reality even for us. if everyone was fit of course

One thing is certain - this lad will be playing for a deal with us(unlikely due to the cost I would imagine) or to go back to turkey or a move to Italy which looks the favoured option. Plenty of goals incoming then

Well, sadly for Nico, he's on loan, so he doesn't get the grace of a settling in period. If we'd already dropped £15-20m on him then he'd be getting the benefit of the doubt from most people because there wouldn't really be a choice, but as an audition before deciding to spend a ton of cash on him when PSR/FFP looks to be tight then he hasn't really made his case has he?

Well, sadly for Nico, he's on loan, so he doesn't get the grace of a settling in period. If we'd already dropped £15-20m on him then he'd be getting the benefit of the doubt from most people because there wouldn't really be a choice, but as an audition before deciding to spend a ton of cash on him when PSR/FFP looks to be tight then he hasn't really made his case has he?
No he hasn’t. I hope he does in the next 9 league games and Europa. Ultimately of course, the only voice that matters is Unai’s.

None of us hate any of our players, we just criticise them when they have been poor, some don't seem to get we are all Villa fans who want us to win and in between games we can discuss the failings of every player as well as praising them for what they are good at.
I take what they are good at for granted, then discuss what they need to or can improve on. Thankfully we now have a manager who thinks along those lines.
All our players have strong points and all of them have weak points but if you bring up the weak points you are some sort of hater, I just don't get it at all.
I often think a lot of players don't get this is the peak of their career if they don't succeed here. Zaniolo is young enough to still go somewhere but his next club after us will be nowhere near us if he cannot show his quality. Even when we are struggling, if you cannot succeed at VP you wont be going on to anything better.

Bailey nearly found himself playing for Ajax.
Emi2 will be playing for a mid-table EPL team or the likes of Villareal or Real Betis.

I often think a lot of players don't get this is the peak of their career if they don't succeed here. Zaniolo is young enough to still go somewhere but his next club after us will be nowhere near us if he cannot show his quality. Even when we are struggling, if you cannot succeed at VP you wont be going on to anything better.

Bailey nearly found himself playing for Ajax.
Emi2 will be playing for a mid-table EPL team or the likes of Villareal or Real Betis.
The fact that he went to Turkey is bizarre, but he quickly got the hell out of there as soon as he could. This guy was considered a premier talent at one point and I think injuries have put paid to this for good. In his head I'm not sure he has adjusted that well to this.

I agree with BB that he probably sees his ultimate goal as going back to Italy for one of the bigger clubs there. But even if he's off to a Lazio or back to Roma, they're a step down from us in footballing terms. That league has been garbage for a long time now.

Dunno, didn't like Jolien Lescott very much :tongue:

The fact that he went to Turkey is bizarre, but he quickly got the hell out of there as soon as he could. This guy was considered a premier talent at one point and I think injuries have put paid to this for good. In his head I'm not sure he has adjusted that well to this.

I agree with BB that he probably sees his ultimate goal as going back to Italy for one of the bigger clubs there. But even if he's off to a Lazio or back to Roma, they're a step down from us in footballing terms. That league has been garbage for a long time now.

My point was more than he seems like a bit of a dickhead. Lol

I don't think it's a shock to anyone that he won't be signing permanently with us and it's definitely not shocking that he's trying to sort a move before the summer.

I genuinely just hope this guy can go somewhere and just not look depressed all the time.

I don't think it's a shock to anyone that he won't be signing permanently with us and it's definitely not shocking that he's trying to sort a move before the summer.

I genuinely just hope this guy can go somewhere and just not look depressed all the time.
Of course that is if he even said those headlines, I'd imagine it is taken out of context like most media stuff these days and blown up out of all proportion.
Like 99% of us I don't speak or read any Italian so I don't know what if anything he's said.

Quite frankly he can go and fuck himself. Sshhhhh!.
Still surprised at the lack of discontent about one of our on loan players telling the fans to be quiet.
Imagine if that had been Gabby at the end of his Villa career. Absolute meltdown from many fans.

I don't want to see him play again tbh. And if he does and scores it'll be for the club I'm happy not that arrogant prick.