The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread

What's actually a reasonable expectation? More than 6 goals and double the number of assists? Think that would be a reasonable return in his first season and bettering Emi2's figures last season.
At a poor 5 goals and 2 assists from 38 games , it shouldn't be difficult. Can see why Unai wanted to try and get better in.

Fabulous talent, I remember thinking 3-4 years ago that he will become one of the next great Italian players. Hasn’t worked out that way but if he can stay injury free then we have a player on our hands.
Absolutely, he was more highly rated than Chiesa who is within the same generation. Another reason I think this wasnt a panic buy and had nothing to do with Buendia. We were linked with Chiesa and now we've got a player who is similar to him.

Absolutely, he was more highly rated than Chiesa who is within the same generation. Another reason I think this wasnt a panic buy and had nothing to do with Buendia. We were linked with Chiesa and now we've got a player who is similar to him.
Yup. Not linked to the Emi2 injury.

Linked to improving the squad.

Definitely not a panic buy. One little clue as to how long this has been brewing was Duran moving his squad number from 22 to 24. Seemed like nothing at the time but 22 is Zaniolo's preffered number so unless it's a big coincidence we've been pretty sure this was going to happen since at least whenever we announced the squad numbers a couple of weeks ago.

Panic buy, ridiculous waste of money. Gutted.

The most iconic signing we've made in 15 or more seasons.

(Note to self, uncross the correct one)

I have no clue (generally, or about this signing!) In Emery we trust. If he's been messed up by injuries, I wish him nothing but luck, a total resurrection and a joyous time in claret & blue.

Now, does he hang out with the French or the Spanish?
I was thinking he'll probably side with the Argentines, but his English is good enough to side with the English, obviously if we had Germans he'd be in there as they have the history for it.
Feel sorry for Bouba though as he'll soon be alone.
If it was up to me I'd pair a native English speaker with a foreign lad to improve both of their language skills and break up these cliques.