The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread

Something we certainly don't need atm. If it's true, who are they doing it for? a top footballers wages not enough these days, or what?

It's not unusual in Italian football culture though is it. How many match fixing and betting scandals have they had over the years? There was one in the late 70s that saw players arrested pitchside.

Looks a good player to me. Support and play him and if all this peters out he will be even more committed to our cause. And if it doesn’t, I’m sure we’ll take the right decision for the club and player at the time.

There is a weird position here though, he's definitely innocent until proven guilty, but since he's on loan, it will be intriguing to understand the terms of the deal. If for instance the deal specifies that there's an obligation buy based on hitting a threshold of appearances then I'm not sure playing him is wise in the event that he is proven guilty.

However on the other hand, if a clause like this does not exist and the purchase is completely optional then we absolutely should continue to play him.

Love how people who wouldn't trust a word from the English media and FA until confirmed by the club are saying "Get rid" on the say so of the famously scrupulous *Italian* media and FA.

Think I'm going to wait and see personally.

Love how people who wouldn't trust a word from the English media and FA until confirmed by the club are saying "Get rid" on the say so of the famously scrupulous *Italian* media and FA.

Think I'm going to wait and see personally.

Just watched an interview with the Italian manager in a press conference saying why he sent them both home. Said at such times the players need to be with their families at home to support them and to sort things out at their clubs.

This isn’t made up by the Italian media or otherwise . Some seem to think this will all blow over and go away tbh. Claret and blue specs on as usual. Didn’t see the same grace on here being afforded Toney when the allegations against him came out .

Just watched an interview with the Italian manager in a press conference saying why he sent them both home. Said at such times the players need to be with their families at home to support them and to sort things out at their clubs.

This isn’t made up by the Italian media or otherwise . Some seem to think this will all blow over and go away tbh. Claret and blue specs on as usual. Didn’t see the same grace on here being afforded Toney when the allegations against him came out .
TBF anything that pulls on a Villa shirt is beyond any form of criticism in the eyes of the tribe or some members of the tribe.
I think we should be able to discuss the accusations without jumping to conclusions about Guilt or innocence. It's not a discussion of his playing ability which is fair game.

On the playing front, I think he'll be heading back to Turkey at the end of the season, as we should have his mini-me back by then and we can't have two underachievers in the side

TBF anything that pulls on a Villa shirt is beyond any form of criticism in the eyes of the tribe or some members of the tribe.
I think we should be able to discuss the accusations without jumping to conclusions about Guilt or innocence. It's not a discussion of his playing ability which is fair game.

On the playing front, I think he'll be heading back to Turkey at the end of the season, as we should have his mini-me back by then and we can't have two underachievers in the side

I initially said that he was brought in to replace the Norfolk Messi. Having seen the start he has made with us , I’m not so sure. Doesn’t look any better so far and I’m wondering if it was actually a knee jerk brought in by the injury to Buendia. Setting the upcoming ban aside his current trajectory on the pitch means we ain’t keeping him. Flattering to deceive thus far. Comparing his impact with that of Diaby its quite stark. Win/win though. He improves on the pitch, all good, he doesn’t, bye bye.

P.s .. before the accusations of ’hate’, ‘not giving him a chance’ …blah…blah. As I have said many times recently it’s early days and based on what I personally have seen SO FAR.

Whilst he's looked decent so far , at least it's a loan so we can see how this plays out and how serious it is . Let's see , we might need him while the enquiry unfolds and he's been useful so far . Innocent until proven guilty aswell.
I need to keep up. First I've seen of this. Pity because I'm one of the few that thinks he could be useful. Anyway it'll all come out in the wash, so wait and see.

I need to keep up. First I've seen of this. Pity because I'm one of the few that thinks he could be useful. Anyway it'll all come out in the wash, so wait and see.
And that is an interesting word you used .
'Useful' wasn't the idea ? Or what was required?. To move up a level and get us away from the competition that some seem to hate so much, useful won't cut it.

Wasn't sure at the time but for the money I think Maddison would have been a decent replacement for Buendia.
Too right. Based on how he has started at Spuds who have lost 30 plus goals a season and are apparently shite. He is levels above both Buendia and Zaniolo.

And that is an interesting word you used .
'Useful' wasn't the idea ? Or what was required?. To move up a level and get us away from the competition that some seem to hate so much, useful won't cut it.
Take your pick of the Collins definitions below.
ADJECTIVE
1. able to be used advantageously, beneficially, or for several purposes; helpful or serviceable
2. informal
commendable or capable
a useful term's work
NOUN
3. Australian informal
an odd-jobman or general factotum
Think I know your answer.🤣

Always thought he was brought in to cover injuries to Buendia + Ramsey and wouldn't ever join permanently - not seen anything to change my mind .

He's done ok imo - but hard to see him getting ahead of luiz, Ramsey, kamara, mcginn in imo.

He's not getting in ahead of Buendia once he returns , but he's looked promising in recent weeks and been far more effective than Diaby who has gone off the boil somewhat. I'd keep NZ around until Ramsey is back and fully fit

I didn't say there wasn't an investigation just that presumptions of his guilt are based on famously unreliable sources.

I didn't say Toney should be banned on the basis of allegations either. I'd still sign him now, honestly.