The New Greek Era Pre-season | Page 4 | Vital Football

The New Greek Era Pre-season

They fly to America today. Shame he hasn't got all the players he wanted in. Great opportunity for bonding and working on fitness and tactics and integrating the new signings

SleafordRed - 2/7/2017 23:02

Eric is moving because his wife runs a business in Newark and so want to relocate closer to Newark on the A46

Has it moved? http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-star-eric-lichaj-s-wife-opens-new-shop-katwalk-kouture/story-29943178-detail/story.html

Bit of trek from Newark to Annesley.

Widdow - 3/7/2017 08:40

They fly to America today. Shame he hasn't got all the players he wanted in. Great opportunity for bonding and working on fitness and tactics and integrating the new signings

Indeed. part of the criticism lat closed season was the lateness of appointing Monty and no having the squad together early enough because of that.

I thought that would be different this year and unless we are going to have a small squad we have failed in achieving that as we go for 2 weeks in USA with the only real discussion is whether Britt/ANother actually is there come drop of first ball next season.

Still like what EM is doing and compared to Fawaz has been a breath of fresh air but the start of next season is oh so important for the club and its new regime. If Xmas we are at the top 6/8 no issues.. If we are in the bottom 8 fan moods wlll swing oh so fast (Esp if Britt has been sold!!)

starsailor123uk - 3/7/2017 09:09

Still like what EM is doing and compared to Fawaz has been a breath of fresh air but the start of next season is oh so important for the club and its new regime. If Xmas we are at the top 6/8 no issues.. If we are in the bottom 8 fan moods wlll swing oh so fast (Esp if Britt has been sold!!)

Be a real test for the new owners if we have a poor start and there's no signs of improvement on the pitch. All this talk about building the club up etc will come to nothing - Warbs will be out the door and McParland soon after.

i dont agree personally. I think the owners will give him time so long as the fans are realistic too. I for one will not be shouting for his head if we are bottom 8 at xmas unless its a horror show every single week and I just dont see that at all. But no way Im getting carried away, top 12 will be good progress in my book, sure , maybe not the stars but still progress with young players and financially secure. Surely most of us are on the same page there?
Mind you, people still vote Tory and I have absolutely no fkn idea why or who

starsailor123uk - 3/7/2017 10:09

Indeed. part of the criticism lat closed season was the lateness of appointing Monty and no having the squad together early enough because of that.

I thought that would be different this year and unless we are going to have a small squad we have failed in achieving that as we go for 2 weeks in USA with the only real discussion is whether Britt/ANother actually is there come drop of first ball next season.

its hardly kicked off yet transfer wise. It isnt as if there have been a hundred interesting transfers in the Championship , these things are like a house of cards as surely people should grasp by now.

We have done some business tho, apart from the signing, we have also signed Granty n BB back up and seem to be being quite business like in our work and approaches to other clubs. I suspect the half a dozen names we have heard are the names we are in for.