the nearest team for next season | Page 3 | Vital Football

the nearest team for next season

If we are looking for closest in terms of league position we are looking for who is going to finish 2nd ????

Yeah, for me it was slightly balanced by Sunderland and Donny staying down, but would have liked Barnsley away. I've not seen the imps there before.

Looking forward to a lot of games next season

When in Devon it`s Bristol Rovers.......99 miles away(negative is montpelier station is still 1.6 miles from ground....might drive)

on south coast it will only be a 12 mile run to Fratton Park (wife`s hometown and a few mates got season tickets so a really big plus)

When in London i am only 9 miles from Wimbledon.(crap ground)

Looking forward to a lot of games next season

When in Devon it`s Bristol Rovers.......99 miles away(negative is montpelier station is still 1.6 miles from ground....might drive)

on south coast it will only be a 12 mile run to Fratton Park (wife`s hometown and a few mates got season tickets so a really big plus)

When in London i am only 9 miles from Wimbledon.(crap ground)

When's their new stadium likely to be ready?

The Bristol Rovers proposed ground move is an interesting one. I recall reading an article in a property trade mag, one of those publications that pop up on "Have I Got News for You".

From memory BR signed a MoU with Sainsburys for the sale of the Mem at around the same time BR had an agreement with the UWE to build an new ground on their campus in return for beneficial use of the facilities, principally the car park. However, an extremely well organised, informed and effective local protest group (I can't recall what they were called) opposed to the sale of the Mem were able to grind the process down to a snails pace. In the interim Sainsburys recorded a few bad financial results and as a result they drew up a new business strategy which precluded the building of large stores, so they withdrew from the project. At around the same time UWE appointed a new VC who decided building a football stadium on their campus was not core business and they too withdrew, I think they withdrew before Sainsburys did.

BR were going to take Sainsburys to court, I can't recall if they did or not, if the article was correct and all they had was a MoU it would have been a waste of time and money.

A stadium move anyone?

Last edited:
The Bristol Rovers proposed ground move is an interesting one. I recall reading an article in a property trade mag, one of those publications that pop up on "Have I Got News for You".

From memory BR signed a MoU with Sainsburys for the sale of the Mem at around the same time BR had an agreement with the UWE to build an new ground on their campus in return for beneficial use of the facilities, principally the car park. However, an extremely well organised and informed local protest group (I can't recall what they were called) opposed to the sale of the Mem ground the process to a snails pace. In the interim Sainsburys recorded a few bad financial results and as a result a new their new business strategy was drawn up which precluded the building of new large stores, so they withdrew from the deal. At around the same UWE appointed a new VC who decided building a football stadium on their campus was not core business and they too withdrew, I think they withdrew before Sainsburys did.

BR were going to take Sainsburys to court, I can't recall if they did or not, if the article was correct and all they had was a MoU it would have been a waste of time and money.

A stadium move anyone?

I think if you want to be the SME explaining the SOP's of a convoluted business process it behoves you to not assume that we all know what the jargon is?

I think if you want to be the SME explaining the SOP's of a convoluted business process it behoves you to not assume that we all know what the jargon is?

I have no idea if the publication in question appeared on "Have I got News for You". I can't recall what it was called and I'm not an avid watcher of the programme.