The Morgan Sanson Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Morgan Sanson Thread

Disappointing it's only a loan. Strasbourg have some cheek trying to get us to release him when they've spent €40m on just two players in the last week. Still I suppose if he has a good season it'll encourage someone to buy him, though he was apparently excellent for Strasbourg and no one will cough up a few million for him so maybe not.

Disappointing it's only a loan. Strasbourg have some cheek trying to get us to release him when they've spent €40m on just two players in the last week. Still I suppose if he has a good season it'll encourage someone to buy him, though he was apparently excellent for Strasbourg and no one will cough up a few million for him so maybe not.
Tougher market than most by the look. There are a few players that seem to have a big fee that will be inflated to purchase. Yet they’re a fair few that clubs are basically having to give away - their outrageous wages a massive stumbling block.

Rather sell him too, but pleased he'll be going. The mistakes of the past aren't being repeated at the very least. Did say option to buy, I hope it's excercised.

Deano - it’s a long and painful process ridding a club of flop signings now
I actually think Nakamba at ~£12m was good value and generally played well for us given where we were at the time, he was actually a key player for us until he got a bad injury. I wouldn't really call him a flop but rather a decent enough means to an end for a club who was bottom half quality.

Sanson was a flop and clearly didn't work due to a combination of injuries and weird circumstances and questionable desire. He did however arrive with a good reputation and in principle should have been a decent signing for where we were at the time. But underscores the fact that not every signing will work out at this level and you can't get it right all of the time.

I actually think Nakamba at ~£12m was good value and generally played well for us given where we were at the time, he was actually a key player for us until he got a bad injury. I wouldn't really call him a flop but rather a decent enough means to an end for a club who was bottom half quality.

Sanson was a flop and clearly didn't work due to a combination of injuries and weird circumstances and questionable desire. He did however arrive with a good reputation and in principle should have been a decent signing for where we were at the time. But underscores the fact that not every signing will work out at this level and you can't get it right all of the time.
Maybe harsh of Nakamba but moving players on now with their sky high wages is very very difficult - over to Monchi

Maybe harsh of Nakamba but moving players on now with their sky high wages is very very difficult - over to Monchi

This is where the disparity of the Premier Lge's financial power has a dark side. For most teams unless the player is in the starting XI they have very little value. Hence why Leicester were doomed from the beginning last summer.

I'd say part of it for the likes of some French clubs is the cost to reward value. If you weren't a difference maker for a Premier Lge team you're probably not that much better than what they already have. And if you are much better your wages are very high and you might not want to step down to a mid-table french side.

Sanson and others would probably be better served going to Championship teams but I get the economics for some clubs would be even worse. Marv has probably picked up a decent wage packed and he is playing at the highest level but I doubt his wages demands were that high to begin with.

So him and Nakamba - £30m pi@@ed away.
Nkamba couldn't be helped - we had crash landed in the prem with a load of loan players -;we needed players quickly. The £11m or so spent on Nkamba should be seen as a cost of surviving that first season in the PL.

Sanson - I genuinely think we were duped by his initial valuation of £30m which no one was paying - they marked him down 50% and we smelt a bargain......
A good player but just not suited to the PL

Nkamba couldn't be helped - we had crash landed in the prem with a load of loan players -;we needed players quickly. The £11m or so spent on Nkamba should be seen as a cost of surviving that first season in the PL.

Sanson - I genuinely think we were duped by his initial valuation of £30m which no one was paying - they marked him down 50% and we smelt a bargain......

Between the injuries and how quickly Ramsey developed it completely nailed him. I still reckon he'd do it in the Prem but we've completely outgrown him now much like Marv, Hause and a bunch of others.

I still think there's more to the Sanson saga than we know. Always looked at least OK when he played. Never given a run of games.

I wonder if it was an attitude problem.

Between the injuries and how quickly Ramsey developed it completely nailed him. I still reckon he'd do it in the Prem but we've completely outgrown him now much like Marv, Hause and a bunch of others.

Trez, Bert as well. Though I'd be interested to see what Unai might have got out of El Ghazi.