The Mile Jedinak Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Mile Jedinak Thread

I thought he was a great signing - a midfield Mellberg if you like.

I am absolutely stunned on what we have actually got.

No pace, no skill, no hunger.

I dont know why he is like that, is it travelling, is it age, is it hunger - I have no idea.

The only thing I do know is that he does not deserve a place in our team at the moment, and if that means playing Ashley Westwood, then so be it.

Massive disappointment. I really thought he would help sort our midfield problems , but he is nowhere near the player I saw playing for Palace.

Whether the travelling has taken its toll I don't know , but Gana looked pants last season and is now starring for Everton , so I think it's a mix of Jedinaks decline and the fact that our midfield as a unit is dysfunctional.

He needs to play in a 3, in the centre, just patrolling that area. He needs energetic runners each side of him - Tish and either Gardner or Westwood (until we can buy a.nother).
That's why he looked so good and effective at Crystal Palace - he had Cabaye and (i think ) McArthur either side, so he could sit there and protect the back 4

Have we even tried him in a 3 yet?

Have to say I thought this would prove to be a very good signing ( unfortunately I appear at this stage to be wrong)

Legs seem to have gone, leadership qualities questionable .... Disappointing

The only positive that I can see so far regarding our signing of Mile Jedinak, is that the guy cannot be as bad as he looks?

Hence, surely things can only get better?

I can't believe how poor this guys passing is. It's embarrassing that this guy is apparently a good player and he plays like that

Everything can be insured, luckily he can probably afford it, but if [God knows why] one of us wanted to go the game .... forget it. Anyway none of us would ever want to go to the game anyway. I actually think there should be something in his contract that would prevent any travel to destinations deemed as unsafe. My understanding is that activities such as skiing, skydiving are banned so why is it ok to play against Iraq in Iran ... crazy, maybe its deemed ok as the game isn't in Iraq.

Australian beard Mile Jedinak has been talking about the strong team ethic that he now feels the Aston Villa side have, and he was of course pleased to see us...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521778">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

My personal opinion is that you don't tell someone or stipulate that someone shouldn't play for their country. It's the greatest honour that can be bestowed on any athlete. When their career is long over it's an achievement to be proud of which is entirely different to playing for a club in a league.

If it was asked of me, I'd stick 2 fingers up. You play for as long as you are wanted because you never get those chances back.

My loyalty would definitely be to my country before a team I do not support. And even if I did I'd seriously struggle.

Our failure is to not have a suitable understudy and we should not be questioning whether he should play internationally but why knowing that he does, have we not got a ready replacement even if he's 12 years old.

We should have looked at alternatives, our recruitment strategy has been shambolic. Out of interest what percentage of full games has Jedi completed this season? Experienced goalkeeper and centre half were required in January.

tarzan - 22/2/2017 10:58

We should have looked at alternatives, our recruitment strategy has been shambolic. Out of interest what percentage of full games has Jedi completed this season? Experienced goalkeeper and centre half were required in January.

Yes I have to agree tarzan.

We have not strengthened in the most important, not to mention deficient, areas. An inexperienced keeper replaced by an inexperienced keeper? No back up for an injury-prone midfield 'enforcer' on whom we already seem to have an over-reliance? Not to mention the centre-back situation.

We were never going to fix our mess quickly. But it does seem some glaring oversights have been made by the Steves - Bruce and Round. I just hope it's not as costly as it's threatening to be. I can't contemplate life in the third division :10:

The man with the most luxurious beard since Olof The Great says thanks for player of March award.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7522760">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Mile Jedinak thanks Vital Villans for voting him player of the month for April and returns the compliment.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7522970">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Whoscore.com has Jedinak at 16 games for 90 mins out of 21 played for Villa so far. No idea how reliable this is but that's mean he's missed about 1/3 of the season so far for whatever reason. And he's only played about half of our league games for the full 90 mins.