The Marvelous Nakamba Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Marvelous Nakamba Thread

Yet another reason to stick with Deano come what may.

The number of times I have got excited about a player Villa have signed only to be disappointed.

I must say the vast majority of Deans signings have been superb and even if, (God forbid) we had to sell I can't see many that we wouldn't make a bloody good profit on

Players usually look a bit lost when they arrive in the PL. Not Marvelous. Seems born to it.

We've been without a class DM for so long. Since Rio in fact. Now we have two :grinning:

In my opinion he is looking twice the player that Gana was for us.

As a defencive midfielder he epitomises everything that John Terry said a great centre half should be. Effecive and doing a great job without getting noticed.

Can't see Lansbury getting look in to be honest

Luiz and Marvellous are on a different level to Lansbury. Perhaps he hasn’t the chance he deserves, but a nice flick against lower league opposition in the cup isn’t enough to warrant a start for me. I’ve never been that fussed about Lansbury although he seems rated on here.

Last edited:
Lansbury is still an unknown.

Loved that DS took his time with Marvelous, then bam, he looks like he owns the place. Done the same with Targett. The guys in charge know what they are doing :yes:

Not by me mate, he's bang average, at best.

I agree, his touch isn’t quick or sharp enough to play in the middle in the top league in my honest opinion. Even his two minute YouTube compilation, every goal on it seems like a scuff.

The way marvellous and Luiz can control, turn and pass the ball is a different level and they can do it with a player on their backs.

I do thinks he’s been unlucky with injuries, his body and joints can’t seem to handle the physical side of getting up to fitness before it breaks again.

Terrific performance by him today. Did we pay £8 million for him ?

Won't be long before someone bids £30 million +. Hard to think that he has only played 3 games in the PL. Looks born for it.

He has even got his own song now. So it shows the fans love him already.

Terrific performance by him today. Did we pay £8 million for him ?

Won't be long before someone bids £30 million +. Hard to think that he has only played 3 games in the PL. Looks born for it.

He has even got his own song now. So it shows the fans love him already.
They'll have to come up with more than that as we are no longer a selling club. We have unearthed some real talent recently and not paid through the nose. Jeez, we could pay off the third world debt with the sale of SJM alone. And we have Marvelous, Merciless and Taylor :wahey:. Did I go too far?

They'll have to come up with more than that as we are no longer a selling club. We have unearthed some real talent recently and not paid through the nose. Jeez, we could pay off the third world debt with the sale of McGinn alone.

Yes. Mcginn , Engles and Marvellous would nearly cover what we spent in the summer.

They'll have to come up with more than that as we are no longer a selling club. We have unearthed some real talent recently and not paid through the nose. Jeez, we could pay off the third world debt with the sale of McGinn alone.

It's very difficult to keep an unhappy player these days. All you can do is make sure you are getting top dollar and look for the next one.