The Marvelous Nakamba Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Marvelous Nakamba Thread

We also don't want to make the mistake we made last season with Davis. He was never going to be hotter than he was that summer with him doing well for Forest and their fans loving him. We asked for too much and will be lucky to get more than a couple of million for him now.
agree, but equally we don't want to be giving players away below market value. We need to strike that balance

It would appear from various sources that Marvelous is off to Luton then, and that the deal is just about done.
I know he only has one year left on his contract but we shouldn’t be giving him away for peanuts, especially considering his form while he’s been at Luton.

It would be utterly ridiculous to let Nakamba walk on a free. There must be several clubs who would pay for him even if it was only 3 - 4 million

It would seem like there isn't and I think his profile has gone out of fashion. A very limited number of teams want a player like him. I don't think he is anywhere near as poor on the ball as some would make it but it's definitely nowhere the level needed to play in a progressive side.

It would seem like there isn't and I think his profile has gone out of fashion. A very limited number of teams want a player like him. I don't think he is anywhere near as poor on the ball as some would make it but it's definitely nowhere the level needed to play in a progressive side.
That’s as maybe but he was Luton’s best player most games and if they are to have any chance of staying up, they will need players like Marv.
Let’s face it, they’re not going to be able to attract better players. They should cough up, and I would think somewhere between 5- 10 million wouldn’t be unreasonable.

That’s as maybe but he was Luton’s best player most games and if they are to have any chance of staying up, they will need players like Marv.
Let’s face it, they’re not going to be able to attract better players. They should cough up, and I would think somewhere between 5- 10 million wouldn’t be unreasonable.

I would have thought the same myself but then you look at Leicesters failure to move on their unwanted players last summer. Depending on the need, a lot of Prem teams would rather risk the 10 or 15m on a player off the continent than take a lad who has played in the Prem already for half the cost.

Taking Palace as an example they spent 20m on Doucoure, I am not 100% convinced he is that much better than Marv but he is 23.

I did read somewhere a couple of weeks back that we would probably be letting him leave on a free. Sounds like most of the interest is from Championship teams who probably can’t afford his wages. I don’t see Luton blowing all their TV money in the transfer market either, not after the financial problems they had previously.

Luton Town are finalising a deal for Aston Villa midfielder Marvelous Nakamba - after he played a crucial role in the Hatters' promotion to the Premier League while on-loan last season​

Marvelous joins Luton for an undisclosed fee.

Fair play to him because he's gone to a club to play rather than sit on our bench and presumably earn more. Good pure defensive midfielder who unfortunately for him seemed to get injured whenever he started to become an important player.

Good luck to him. I wonder who will be next out. Hause? Davis? Wesley? Traore?

Good luck to Marvelous. Not quite what we need now but he was a useful part of the squad and has kept a respectful silence over his time with us.

I wish him well.

I thought he was bloody awful for ages, then suddenly he became like prime Kante under Slippy before getting injured.

Weirdly when fit he never got back in.

He's a good fit for Luton. Sure he'll continue to do well there.

I have a good feeling he'll be on their shortlist for player of the season. They're not going to be that adventurous and he is an outright ballwinner.