The Joe Rogan Experience | Vital Football

The Joe Rogan Experience

TuBBz

Are You Local?
So this thread is dedicated to the magic that is The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast

He spends up to 3 hours talking to an array of guests which is broadcast live on Youtube but also available for download for free on Apple iTunes and various other platforms

I only listen to Joe Rogan while driving/cooking/housework etc. I find him and his guests that interesting

So I will post up a few of my favourite sessions that he has had

Feel free to discuss/post your own videos

[youtube=0H5LCLljJho]

1 of the funniest comedians in America - Joey Diaz

[youtube=l1DXJ3uDVkQ]

Russell Brand

[youtube=GEc1qeD7UQc]

Dr Rhonda Patrick - Amazing Nutricianalist

[youtube=dDJdk0j4xnM]

Professor Brian Cox

[youtube=QZl3ohphHSE]

An Oldie but a goody - Neil Degrasse Tyson

[youtube=SvcYrPtQvcU]

Must allocate some time to these.

Love listening to his commentary and have listened to some of his podcasts before, probably from you linking to them in the past I would think!

Yep, said in one of the other threads, the Rogan podcasts are great - love having them on in the background while i'm working.

Did you see the one with Cerrone, where Rogan convinced him to do DMT with him...brilliant

[youtube=F6tbc339-Lk&t=875s]

I've just listened to my first ever full episode of Joe Rogan's podcast. It featured an ex-CIA officer called Mike Baker. As you can imagine, Baker is an old school, right wing guy and Rogan agrees with him all the way along. It really surprised me. I've seen clips of Rogan interviewing people on his podcast before but they were always conspiracy theorists, comedians or drug advocates. Rogan always agreed with them so I assumed he was a left-wing kinda guy.

I guess as a host, you can't disagree with your guests and put them on the back foot.

Or you know you can have different points of view that agree with the left and the right?

You know like be all for weed and gay rights but also support gun rights and capitalism, just a thought you dont have to fall into a box.

CDX_EIRE - 4/9/2017 00:58

Or you know you can have different points of view that agree with the left and the right?

You know like be all for weed and gay rights but also support gun rights and capitalism, just a thought you dont have to fall into a box.

Meeooooww

Don't put my boy I dont even know in a box alright! :5:

Seriously tho bit silly to think a host isnt going to disagree but I get its the world we live in too many people just go with the flow.

A big part of that interview was them discussing 'The left' and 'The right'. It's such a demeaning simplification of the political sphere.

Anyway, I guess the point I was failing to make earlier is that, from the clips I'd seen, I thought Rogan invited guests on who shared his world view but I don't think that's the case any more.

He was very good at finding common ground with the CIA dude and encouraging him to tell his story.

The clips are often of Rogan ranting about some conspiracy theory or drug legalisation but they give a false representation of the podcasts and Rogan is much more professional than he comes across in the clips.

BodyButter - 3/9/2017 18:22

Anyway, I guess the point I was failing to make earlier is that, from the clips I'd seen, I thought Rogan invited guests on who shared his world view but I don't think that's the case any more. .

Yeah he grew from just comedians into all sorts like this guy and Neil Degrasse Tyson. He has too many to keep up with now and some I dont always have an interest in.

Bill Burr is my favourite comedian and he has one called the Monday Morning Podcast but his is just talking to himself which is very entertaining. Its impressive to have a funny and sometimes interesting podcast when its all one person on the fly. His commercial reads are classic and he's lost a few from thrashing their product.

This one is a classic.

[youtube=Rl5JDzvkEA0]

I have seen plenty of podcasts where he is grilling his guest and disagreeing with him

Its sometimes really cringy and I have been known to turn them off

Still, on the whole, I love me some Rogan

BodyButter - 4/9/2017 02:57

I'm a big fan of Billy. I regularly listen to his podcasts. His interviews suck though.

Love Bill too, one of the best comedians working today.

What interviews do you mean? Ones where he's on chat shows?

He's always great on Conan O'Brien, probably because Conan gets his humour and lets him go off. There's a fairly new one on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert which was horrible. But that's because Colbert always has to be the star of his own show. I hate him.

Oh right, sorry BB.

I don't think I've heard him interview anyone, I just listen to segments of his podcasts on Youtube when he talks about certain things, usuallly 10 mins or less. I just can't get into full length podcasts.

I did watch/listen to this Joe Rogan one the other day with Maynard from Tool who's always been one of my favourite musicians. Luckily for me at the top of the comments someone has time marked all the different topics so I could just pick and choose without having to spend 3 hours in front of my computer

[youtube=J68gH5PiSZg]