The Jhon Durán Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Jhon Durán Thread

Was winning flick-ons as well, which we are not very productive at. Different style of player to anything else we have and his turn and shot prior to Matty Cash's goal was exactly what I want from a striker. Next season will be big for him. Hopefully he can contribute more minutes, he's some unit.
The lads get slightly lazy with Jhon, they just fire the ball him and he usually makes something of it. Maybe its the nature of the games but you'll see Ollie get way more passes into feet than Jhon.

Having watched Ollies grow to become arguably the best Villa CF of the last 20 maybe 30 years. Its mad to think that Jhon will likely be better than Ollie in terms of what we traditionally think of as a good football player.

I also thought at times Jhon looked like the only one who wanted to win yesterday. He was having a go at Ollie for not closing down and trying to win the ball back yesterday. Ollie had to be shattered at that point.

This kid will be a world class superstar, up there with Mr Robot Haaland. You heard it here 1st
Pleasingly he does appear to have settled down. Instead of coming on and trying to kill everyone he is just as aggressive but in a lot more controlled manner. He is all the better for it. He has everything he needs to be top class. Over to you Jhon.

There's significant improvement already and yet he remains absolutely raw for me.

I followed Ollie's development at Exeter for work reasons, and I started before he had his make or break loan to the seaside as a sink or swim. He has come on more than I thought his potential dictated, and I welcomed his arrival here, but he has still managed to kick on further and has room for improvement.

Duran is different gravy. Ollie's work ethic has got him here, Duran is true sink or swim, but having better focused I think his passion will get him to work rate in a different way. Trying to take charge as he did impressed me, but if he chases the money he's ruined - it's very Benteke, and he's clearly not even Benteke yet.