The Jhon Durán Thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

The Jhon Durán Thread

He’s a proper athlete. One run he made from left to right looked like a 400 m runner going for the line.

So he no longer needs to spend time out on loan at some Championship cloggers?
Needs to play competitive games to perfect his game. If, big if, Arsenal gave us top money for Ollie in the summer and we had to let him go, I’ve more confidence in this kid stepping up after Saturday, than at any other time. Bags of potential and starting to realise it.

We don’t know anything about Ollie’s injury yet, so he may get a couple of games. His joy at Ezra’s goal and the general banter after, suggests he’s well liked in the dressing room.

Back to your question - he’s beyond that type of loan move now. Depends on recruitment over the summer, but it would have to be a top team in Europe if we were to loan him next season - not that it’s going to happen now.

Needs to play competitive games to perfect his game. If, big if, Arsenal gave us top money for Ollie in the summer and we had to let him go, I’ve more confidence in this kid stepping up after Saturday, than at any other time. Bags of potential and starting to realise it.

We don’t know anything about Ollie’s injury yet, so he may get a couple of games. His joy at Ezra’s goal and the general banter after, suggests he’s well liked in the dressing room.

Back to your question - he’s beyond that type of loan move now. Depends on recruitment over the summer, but it would have to be a top team in Europe if we were to loan him next season - not that it’s going to happen now.
I was being a little facetious. Loads on here were wibbling about this in January. But now he’s starting to show why Unai wants him around.

His hold up play could get Villa further up the pitch and prevent us from having to sit 10 yards further towards our goal and invite them on to us.

One thing I really like about this lad is his work rate, never gives up and has bags of energy. There was that one moment where the defender had the ball at his feet and he slid in, won the ball and created an attack out of nothing really. He really does have the potential to be a top forward and I hope he sticks around.
He actually did that twice, one led directly to the goal and the second led to a good chance for Zaniolo which was saved. Not sure I can remember a centre forward going in for a good old fashioned slide tackle, we got two in one half. Really good performance for Duran, he'll be a top player eventually, still only 20 years old.

I don't think many centre halves will enjoy playing against him. Even if he isn't playing well he will still be a right nuisance.

I can see why some fans are excited by him but to think of him replacing Ollie at this moment just isn't on. I couldn't see Duran getting 20+ goals in a season at this moment. He's a work in progress.
I find it amazing some are saying sell Watkins if the right offer comes in and then replace him with this novice. Never sell your best players unless they have made their mind up to move and these youngsters need to set the building blocks for the future.

Just needs a run of games, which is a genuinely difficult thing to get as Ollie never gets injured or sent off very often. However, he does have runs where he doesn't score for weeks.
We won't sell Ollie as the clubs that could afford him don't need him and the ones that need him can't afford him. The rest he won't want to go to yet but he is 29 this year (just) and Duran is 20, so it's a balancing act of knowing when to cash in.

I find it amazing some are saying sell Watkins if the right offer comes in and then replace him with this novice. Never sell your best players unless they have made their mind up to move and these youngsters need to set the building blocks for the future.

Are they ?
Not read that personally but it is a crazy suggestion.
As it stands where we are and where Duran is in his development if we sell Ollie it should be because we have an opportunity to upgrade on him. And as has been discussed many times before that is more than a multi million pound question.

Another reason CL football is key, you can keep Ollie and Jhon happy when you have so many A-level competitive games. Playing second fiddle to Ollie in the Europa is bound to have him upset, no matter what you tell him its a B-level competition.

Are they ?
Not read that personally but it is a crazy suggestion.
As it stands where we are and where Duran is in his development if we sell Ollie it should be because we have an opportunity to upgrade on him. And as has been discussed many times before that is more than a multi million pound question.
Probably quoting me when I said if the right money is offered and he want to go.

Not wanting him to leave but we just don’t know what’s on the VP agenda, nor inside Ollie’s head. Didn’t think Jack would go, nor York back in the day - different times granted, but we are fans and football is now big business.

A limited cameo for big Jhon last night but once again, a couple of lovely touches.

The lad is maturing rapidly.
Was winning flick-ons as well, which we are not very productive at. Different style of player to anything else we have and his turn and shot prior to Matty Cash's goal was exactly what I want from a striker. Next season will be big for him. Hopefully he can contribute more minutes, he's some unit.