The January Transfer Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

I’m a huge fan of Neto, he’s a fantastic player if you could get him at the right price. I could see some big clubs come in for him soon, Liverpool or even United if they get a transfer strategy together.

He plays on the same side of Bailey, which would be harsh on Bailey to bring in a superior player given he looks a completely different player this season in all the right ways, but we have to be ruthless and Bailey could revert to type if he loses his confidence or gets injured.

For the right price we should enquire about him, but I’m not sure what the right price is.

Ornstein wrote a transfer window preview in the athletic and for villa he stated “incoming activity is expected to be limited.” I expect that’s an educated guess on his part rather than having any specific insider knowledge but doesn’t sound too promising. I would love a new right back and a better back up for Kamara instead of Dendoncker (or at least someone who fits Emery’s system better), and possibly a new back up keeper although I’m not sure anyone could fill in for Emi anyway. Hopefully that’s within budget especially if we raise some funds from selling Dendoncker, Chambers, Traore.

Crazy figures aren’t they? Just shows how deep your pockets have to be to run a football club - especially one with ambition. Hopefully Heck is working on a huge sponsorship deal rather than playing on Microsoft Paint and his new logo.
Yes I was thinking the other day that I'd buy myself a football club if I'd won the 201m on the lotto but it wouldn't even touch the sides of anything above league two

We have to take who we can when we can, I expect us to sign another out-of-the-blue signing like last season
I agree, I don’t think there is an obvious upgrade to make anymore so whatever we can upgrade we should just do it.

Konsa, DC and Pau seems to be the preferred setup at the back. Cash is the weakest first teamer but that setup takes him out of being a regular starter.

How do we have an asking price for a payer that is not for sale and indeed doesn't want to leave?
Very true but as we know every player has their price. Im pretty sure if there was a scenerio where dougie wanted to go if i dont know city came in for him villa have a asking price they would accept. For me its more than Caidedo went for

We have to strengthen in Jan, even if it’s a couple Moreno type signings. We have a unique opportunity on our hands.

We have to strengthen in Jan, even if it’s a couple Moreno type signings. We have a unique opportunity on our hands.
I think we have to strengthen every window, we don't have a choice as clubs can no longer buy a player when they NEED one, that's the stupidity of transfer windows