The January Transfer Thread | Page 98 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

Told you at the start of Jan that we are under scrutiny for FFP and would not sign anyone, I guess this goes for the whole of the prem. These Everton points deduction has really set the cat amongst the pidgeons! Do you think that this is the main reason for pulling the ground expansions? I thought it was seperate but maybe not.....
A lot of clubs are flying very close to the sun. Even Arsenal and United are. Good for the Prem finally showing their teeth. Pity it took a sanction against Everton and not City to get it taken seriously. Suppose they are a bigger club after all.

Bert paid off his transfer fee in his first season alone. He's been screwed by injury first and then by a pretend manager who sold or loaned all but one winger at the club. He's scored quite a few absolutely sensational and several important goals for us, plus Allan is still wondering the streets of Liverpool wondering where Bert went.

Consistent? No. Consistently available? Hell no. But he was bags of fun.

Go well, Bert.

Good riddance. Not commited to the cause so better we cut all ties and save on the wages
Honestly more clubs should just bite the bullet. The drain on resources is probably more of an issue than the wages, at least from a coaching and performance perspective. Taking up physics, coaches, draining Unai’s attention and distracting players he has relationships with.

Chmabers is falling into that too. You can’t just banish lads to the reserves without an impact elsewhere. Keeping them around like a bad smell serves no one.

Big issue with offloading Chambers h just due to his wages. Terrible signing, but I guess we were desperate at the time.

I don't actually think we were. We had Ming's + Konsa - granted the non existent coaching at the time wasn't getting the best out of them - but Chambers was never better player than either Ming's or Konsa - so didn't progress us at all and was pretty much flushing money down the toilet.

When i look at most gerrard signings they were bloody crap. Thank god we got rid of him before we did

The only ones that have really worked out are Kamara and Digne though Digne only started to look the part under Unai. Bit harsh on Carlos but i don't think we've got the man Sevilla fans rate as one of their best ever CBs due to that injury.

The windows under Gerrard have probably massively affected us in terms of FFP. Older players on huge wages that have mostly been injured or on the bench.

The only ones that have really worked out are Kamara and Digne though Digne only started to look the part under Unai. Bit harsh on Carlos but i don't think we've got the man Sevilla fans rate as one of their best ever CBs due to that injury.

The windows under Gerrard have probably massively affected us in terms of FFP. Older players on huge wages that have mostly been injured or on the bench.
I agreed with the premise under Gerrard because you can't build for the future every window. At some point the future has to become the present. We can see the issue tho if you dont plan for the you're fucked if it doesn't work out. Coutinhos wages are a weight around our necks.

At least DC and Digne are semi-useful but between Dendonker, chambers, coutinho and even Olsen its an enormous amount of wasted resources.