The player who left thread | Page 212 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

We've gone way off topic here really haven't we?! LOL

For me, we needed a cultured manager back then, with all the money spent (bigger spenders in Europe the one season) not MON. He was outdated in my humble, I remember EROD (rip my friend) showing me a text I'd sent him at the time. He thought I was mad, but years later reminded me and said it turned out right. I said not the man for us, (after we'd got him, not before) and that his spending had let us down. It was also pointed out to me by some in the game how woeful his backroom staff were. If MON had a dof to help and more modern coaches, I dare say it could have been so different.

But hey ho, it is done now and I think THAT was our big chance to hit the top.

MON was a dinosaur, it was his way or the high way. He did pretty well here but didn't have the skills in both the transfer market and tactics to push us on. We were a Europa League side who at various points in the season be pushing for the top 4. He deserves credit for that but by the same token:

(1) Despite being arguable Champions League contenders his idea of improving us was by signing the likes of Sidwell, Dunne, Collins, Heskey etc. Not good enough.

(2) He was tactically limited and had no concept of rotation. As a result his counter attacking, run through brick walls style would get exposed and every season, without fail, we'd be blowing out of our arses by March and not have enough left in the tank for a final big push.

I see an article this morning where Liverpool and Man Utd insisting on relegation being included in any deal to get the season finished. If this is the case could it be argued that Utd have a vested interest in Villa going down, as this would possibly reduce Jack's valuation, they have been chasing him all season according to all and sundry ???

I see an article this morning where Liverpool and Man Utd insisting on relegation being included in any deal to get the season finished. If this is the case could it be argued that Utd have a vested interest in Villa going down, as this would possibly reduce Jack's valuation, they have been chasing him all season according to all and sundry ???

Several teams would be happy with us going down. The vultures would be circling. However, I suspect they will be cash-strapped vultures so not in as good a position as they think.

Or it could just be argued, that they are right, there is no point in trying to get the league back to make it a procession. And if it doesn't come back, the league positions could be done on merit, where we'd be down. Not sure anything machiavellian is going on here really.

Not that bothered about losing Grealish anymore. And whenever football does return if he is leading the team out then shame on the management of this football club.

Clubs have lost their best players and become better as a result. Perhaps not their very 'best' player but Coutinho is a great example of what can happen if you reinvest a huge fee wisely.

I do worry that we'd botch the recruitment, which is likely given the evidence of this season. But losing Grealish could, in the right hands, represent a bit of an opportunity.

Not sure this is the best time to be off loading Jack (personally rather we built the team around him). The transfer market is likely to be completely different next time round with far lower fees. This will probably lead to teams who aren’t desperate to sell holding on to their most prized assets.

He got us promoted and has single handidly stopped us being bottom of the premier with 10 points. He's one of us and some of the shit spouted about him by people on this site has been Utter bollocks, he didn't kill anyone, he isn't a wife beater or a tax dodger. I think he is a wonderful talent and I wish him all the best and for that goal alone against the shit at the shit I thank him, I'll let the noses spew bile against him as that is par for the course, so fuckin what, he went to a party, boo hoo as thousands were flocking to Asda. He's a good lad, not a bank robber.

Question is, 68, has he got any redeeming features?

Me, I've mellowed a bit. I reckon most of us were pretty angry about what he did. Said something about him which we didn't want to see. Don't think we were expecting too much; other players might do the same but when he's captain of our club you want to see some appreciation of what that entails.

However, he's still young. He can learn, he does learn unlike some; he's taken input from the likes of JT, even Roy Keane, and been better for it. So I hope he steps back, takes a long hard look at where he is, and puts it right.

And I hope he stays and continues to be a driving force in putting lesser teams to the sword.

The press today claiming manure are stepping up their bid to sign him and will offer us £50m.
I didn't realise they were throwing in Rashford as well. :grinning:

Seems about right, price wise at least. The talk of £30m is silly.

He got us promoted and has single handidly stopped us being bottom of the premier with 10 points. He's one of us and some of the shit spouted about him by people on this site has been Utter bollocks, he didn't kill anyone, he isn't a wife beater or a tax dodger. I think he is a wonderful talent and I wish him all the best and for that goal alone against the shit at the shit I thank him, I'll let the noses spew bile against him as that is par for the course, so fuckin what, he went to a party, boo hoo as thousands were flocking to Asda. He's a good lad, not a bank robber.

He's one of us mate, fuck the haters.

I've spent enough years around twats who easily want to put the boot in on the villa, usually collectively, fuck em.

Is there any need for you to continually go into these expletive ridden rants, after you've been warned numerous times? I think not.

Last warning on that front, if you can't control your temper and respect other users views, you'll need to find another forum and good luck with them allowing you half of what you have been allowed to get away with on here.

And secondly, that is total hypocrisy. You had a go at me for wanting football to do what they are being asked to do, and look at the possibility of returning. You went on about lives being more important, about key workers, and didn't read what I was actually saying - par for the course. But you were saying because of social distancing and all that, I was totally wrong.

A player does what he did, which was totally out of order having told everyone else to do the opposite, not follow social distancing, not stay in, not help the NHS and not save lives, and you spout that angry rubbish at users who have dared express a different opinion.

You can't have hit both ways.

If you don't like the shit spouted on this site, no one is forcing you to read it, or post in it. Simple.

Up to you now, had enough.