The player who left thread | Page 115 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Steve Bruce said as soon as the move to Spurs fell thru Jack was banging on his door.............

............ demanding to play! Good lad!

Also confirmed talks are ongoing for a new deal, but difficult with no CEO currently in place.

I still think Bruce was trying his hardest to sell Grealish.

Since the end of the transfer window he said Jack played like a £30m player. Shouldn't that read a £40m player.

Sometimes he should just keep his mouth shut.

I'm pretty sure a bid of 20-25m would have landed Jack - It was only because they were talking 3/6/9m + Onomah that we laughed them out.

In this day and age, even without FPP no championship side can be turning down 25m for one of their players.

If as has been reported, Jack Grealish was promised a move to a high ranking premiership club if we didn't get promoted, I wouldn't blame him for running down his contract and moving for free.

Yet Bruce said they are in discussions regarding a new contract.

Hmmm who to believe ? Some dodgy rag or Bruce actually saying those words ?

Yeah, he can wait 2yrs? or he can double his salary by signing on the dotted line and still potentially leave at the end of the season. Hmmmm decisions, decisions

Nobody knows for sure the figures involved, but it sounds like the new owners just said 'No, Jacks not for sale Mr Levy, end of." as a statement of intent.

You've got to remember how much these guys are worth. It's like Richard Branson being bullied by the local corner shop owner. Not gonna happen!

If as has been reported, Jack Grealish was promised a move to a high ranking premiership club if we didn't get promoted, I wouldn't blame him for running down his contract and moving for free.
tbh, given then way he's handled himself since the transfer window shut, I would like to think he wouldn't do that to his boyhood club.

I would suspect that he was offered an improved deal to stay (which is what's being sorted out now) and I would imagine told he could leave if we don't get promoted this year. Its a win for him - more money, its a win for us - a larger payout if he does leave.

but FWIW, I believe we'll go up this year anyway, so he'll stay for a few more years and then if we're not pushing the upper half of the PL, he'll leave for a top 4 club.

Its all wishful thinking, but his whole family are Villa fans, so as long as the club doesn't screw him, I can't see him screwing the club.

I suspect Sawaris will know exactly what he wants when Jack is offered a new contract and I think he'll get it. Something like if we're promoted he stays, and if we're not then a hefty buy-out clause. And I don't mean £25m.

It was widely reported to be £25m, how accurate that was I don't know, but its what I saw reported.

£25m was widely reported to be the offer MGSteve but, I think it was made up of cash plus Onomah, who Levy has let it be known, Spurs value at £15m. If thats true then Jacks valuation must be £75m.

Not sure Spurs actually made a formal offer; i.e. in talks £25m was mentioned by them. Levy seems reluctant to make a formal offer unless the other side indicates they're interested.

Makes you wonder whats going on with FFP though doesn't it.

One day there's rumours of points deductions, next we're handing out bumper contracts.