The player who left thread | Page 105 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Fair play to the new owners for twatting Levy away.
They have to keep to their word now though or would look silly and lose kudos with the fan base .

According to Sky we are now denying Jack his dream move to Spurs and he is desperate to go.
Creative writing at its best.

The only thing I can think of is one of them has links to a club elsewhere and McGate n Micah are off somewhere. If we flogged them for say, 15m each, would it be looked into (it would bs laundering surely).

Leaving Jack the player aside, I am worried we are getting into a bigger mess long term.

Remember , Xia had plans, 60k, hotels, plans for North that were groundbreaking.

Until I see this plan, i will be worried as hell

According to some twat on BBC Sport, Jack is furious!......

Grealish unhappy at Spurs snag
ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish is understood to be furious at being priced out of a move to Tottenham.
Grealish has been a Spurs target for most of the summer.
The 22-year-old thought he had an agreement that he would be allowed to leave if Villa received a £25m bid, which was submitted yesterday.
The Championship outfit refute this and, in any event, are now in a much healthier financial situation following the takeover by billionaire businessmen Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris.
It has left Tottenham unable to conclude the deal.
Unless the situation changes, he now faces another season in the second tier.

Wow, massive signal of intent from our new owners. Now I'm loving the fact that the London lovvies in the press/media are stirring the pot by reporting how unhappy Jack is......they can't get their head round the fact that a championship club could possible say 'no' to a member of the so called 'big six'....this shows us all that these new owners could at last be what we've all dreamed for. Platt, Yorke, Barry.....we've almost got used to the inevitability of losing our best players when money talks......today we may have the first sign that the tide could well be a turning! Happy days Vital Villans!

Twatty comments like this get my goat.

Obviously, I am one who still think the kury us out on Jack but am I glad he is stzying, of course I bloody am !. Confused yes but also glad.

Confused coz it was Bruce himself who said "no matter who the owner is, and how much money we have got we are in mess with FFP.......".

How have we gone from needing 40m to spending about 15m.

I think you get on most peoples goat mate with you Grealish hate . There's only one twat on here mate

Spurs are victims of their own tactics. The £25m appears to be their first formal offer, so until now there's been nothing to knock back. Now there's very little time to take things further, and my guess is that Sawiris means exactly what he says. Jack's staying.

I doubt if Jack is "desperate" to go. If he is it's because he's been tapped up by Spurs., i.e. some sort of direct contact may have been made, and some promises given. If that's the case then I'm afraid he's just going to have to stick it out with us.

Positive action from our Chairman. Just what is needed. Sky have it that he "intervened". Chairmen don't intervene; they make the decisions.

If Jack does stay it's great news and of course the media will spin the story but the window hasn't shut yet so I'll wait till it does. To any villa fan who hasn't got a season ticket yet, if the owners keep our prize asset as a thank you go and get one and let's fill villa Park and march to promotion.

Their first offer was £3 million plus Onomah on loan.

It's no wonder the owners are refusing to deal with them. That's just plain insulting.

I mean £3 million on it's own would be fine, but trying to give us Onomah back!!!

That is apparently a load of tosh. They didnt make an offer at all until yesterday. Although to be fair there are that many differing rumours going round who knows what to believe anymore

If Jack was going to be upset by anyone in this, surely it would be Levy. The self proclaimed best negotiator in football has pissed about all summer thinking he could stitch us up due to the FFP saga. Its no wonder Spuds fans dont like him, he often misses out on players by taking too long to get the deal wrapped up.

These complete w***ers in the Sky media, currently running these two headlines: “Maguire still hopeful of Man Utd Move” and “Grealish Desperate for Spurs”. Then You read through them and there is not a solitary quote from the player, the agent or either club... It is absolutely disgusting that the media are given a pass on this stuff. I’m all for freedom of the press, but they should be held accountable for their “sources”. It’s a disgrace....

These complete w***ers in the Sky media, currently running these two headlines: “Maguire still hopeful of Man Utd Move” and “Grealish Desperate for Spurs”. Then You read through them and there is not a solitary quote from the player, the agent or either club... It is absolutely disgusting that the media are given a pass on this stuff. I’m all for freedom of the press, but they should be held accountable for their “sources”. It’s a disgrace....

Got to love those "sky sources" that are ever unnamed.