The i-follow streaming thing | Vital Football

The i-follow streaming thing

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Is it any good?

I see that it's £10 per game to watch and £2.50 to listen, and that you can buy a season's subscription for the audio but couldn't see a price for a season's subscription to watch. Do they do a season price to watch games, and if so how much? I might consider it for next season.

Is it any good?

I see that it's £10 per game to watch and £2.50 to listen, and that you can buy a season's subscription for the audio but couldn't see a price for a season's subscription to watch. Do they do a season price to watch games, and if so how much? I might consider it for next season.

If you use a VPN, you can get each game on video stream for about $2-$3 per game. It is excellent.

Is it any good?

Audio for the full year was £45 for the season so just under £1 a match. :whist:

The other main thing that makes it top value is about 24 hours after the match you usually get complete full match video highlights. It is the same video highlights (complete with Peter Lloyd) that is streamed for the foreign based supporters.

Last edited:
Audio for the full year was £45 for the season so just under £2 a match.

Just under £1, no?

Watching games is supposed to be restricted to those outside of the UK, but as Trashbat says, there are ways around that. They give the price as £10 per game as certain games are available to watch even for UK-based viewers, possibly midweek games, I think?

As an exile I'm very happy with it. Think it's €130 a year, so works out at about 3€ a game, can't argue with that.

Just under £1, no?

Watching games is supposed to be restricted to those outside of the UK, but as Trashbat says, there are ways around that. They give the price as £10 per game as certain games are available to watch even for UK-based viewers, possibly midweek games, I think?

As an exile I'm very happy with it. Think it's €130 a year, so works out at about 3€ a game, can't argue with that.

VPNs that give you a large enough download streaming limit to be able to stream the match video will cost so you will need to factor in that cost as well if you don't already pay for a VPN for other reasons.

I think the ones they stream in the UK are certain cup competitions like the Premier League U23 Development cup. I'm sure I read there is some sort of agreement that the league matches can't be streamed domestically as clubs would rather people pay £20 going through the turnstile than people stay away and the club's only gets £10 less any cut the EFL takes.

Apart from the strange commentary at Doncaster away it's all good. Certainly as an excile it certainly brings me closer to the club. Saturday had me standing in my lounge shouting at the TV... Much to sleeping wife's annoyance. A bargain.

I think the ones they stream in the UK are certain cup competitions like the Premier League U23 Development cup. I'm sure I read there is some sort of agreement that the league matches can't be streamed domestically as clubs would rather people pay £20 going through the turnstile than people stay away and the club's only gets £10 less any cut the EFL takes.

Midweek league games have definitely been made available on iFollow to people in the UK. Our match at Shrewsbury was shown (https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2019/october/stream-ifollow/), so was our match at Bristol Rovers. I think the rule is that they can't show Saturday games, although not completely sure about that.