the heeds final | Page 2 | Vital Football

the heeds final

I missed the first goal as we were finishing our pints but both goals felt as if they were against the run of play a bit. I wouldn't say they packed the area but they seemed happy to soak up the pressure and hit on the break.

Seen the goals on the news this morning, thought the free kick by the ex mag was a bit special.

I was clicking on the bbc updates, and I just had this feeling from early on that Donaldson would be involved in stopping The Heed winning.

Just spoke to a few mates who were down there yesterday,ex toon fans who said both sets of supporters did their team proud.Heres hoping they can get automatic promotion next season.They seem to have a decent manager & an ambitious chairman unlike the shower at S.J.P. Will be watching a few games next season.

wasn't just that cambridge soaked up the pressure, gateshead's build up play was just so slow. 64% possession largely because it took 5 minutes of passing it from fullback, to cb, to midfield, to one wing, to a fullback, back to the centre, to the other wing, to the other fullback. and repeat. fair play for trying to keep it on the deck and play properly, but it didn't work until hatch came on and they started flinging in some crosses. again, fair play to a manager having a plan b.

thought they'd done it in the end as well. so bloody close.