The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 255 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

Tongue in cheek comment but I would hold fire on increasing the capacity at VP for as long as this man remains at the club. 20,000 on the waiting list for season tickets but if this carries on we wont need the extra seats. All well and good revamping the stadium and I'm all for that - but it starts with what happens on the pitch and Purslow needs to earn his corn admit the gamble has failed and upgrade the manager first. And don't dither just do it.

I see tin pot clubs like Palace, Brighton, Brentford looking better than us with less because they have an actual plan. Hire a manager that has a clear vision of how he wants to play then sign players that fit that vision.

Whereas we've basically hired a celebrity that doesn't have a clue and chucked money at him.

I did notice on my drive home that the billboard poster of him with the line ‘it’s only this sensational once’ has been removed, just as well I guess.

So the rhetoric was that Stevie Gee was using the Villa job as a stepping stone towards the Liverpool job. The way it is looking, he might not get to use it a stepping stone to the Tranmere job.
Dean Smith was sacked for a better set of results than SG has achieved.

Is he still at Villa?
Both owners apparently were at the game today.
Come on then and Purslow...act!
This guy has lost the fans and at least half the dressing room. He needs shifting now, today without a second to lose.
I would agree but sadly it is too late to bring in someone else because the transfer window is due to slam shut.

So the rhetoric was that Stevie Gee was using the Villa job as a stepping stone towards the Liverpool job. The way it is looking, he might not get to use it a stepping stone to the Tranmere job.
Dean Smith was sacked for a better set of results than SG has achieved.
Stats wise Gerrard is now the worst manager in the clubs history