The great predictor thread , League Table | Page 6 | Vital Football

The great predictor thread , League Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match 39 .
Fulham away . Won 1-0

not an inspiring game, and I can’t say it was a very inspiring prediction event .
The highest score was 4 !
No one had the correct result ,
No one had the correct scorer , not even Nick whose latest idea is to name half the team and hope one of the buggers gets his toe to an unlikely cross from our marauding wing backs.

Spurs 54 continues his remorseless run at the top , ten points clear of 80, who was so engrossed in ,off and on the piste he forgot his scorers .
We had 24 posts last night , everyone predicted a win . Oh .. how quick we are to believe !!!!

So

Spurs 54...................160
Sheringham..............147
USAF.........................145
Gary..........................144
=Smithy....................144
=Walt........................144
Total..........................141
SpursEagle...............137
Meee.........................126
SJM..........................124
Pompey ...................123
Muttley......................110
Nick .........................108
Greavsie...................106
Critical......................105
Scott.........................101
Vinnie........................94
Kiwi...........................93
Ex.............................88
Spesh.......................87
Fevvers.....................74
Steve P ....................72
Matic ........................51
Canadian..................46
XVausch ...................34
Harry.........................24
Hod...........................22
RD ...........................17
Stu............................16
Rackney....................12
Ravenskane..............10

Palace next , Sunday at 19-15 . This will give more of us a chance to have a day with the family and still get a prediction in , ... like there is anything more important !
Looking on the bright side , we are not playing as bad as the bindippers or manure . Although if we were , I would have had a few weeks off , !!!!

Stay safe . Keep alert . Look after each other .
Thanks for taking part.,

Hi all ,

It was Professor Brian Cox who said a while ago , talking about the law that every action creates a reaction .
He said that everything we do on earth causes a reaction , and that even the mere action of a hand clap , will eventually cause a ripple in the atmosphere of a planet such as Saturn or Uranus . Not that you would like a ripple in Uranus ......, but it would happen .
A very similar thing happened yesterday on this very thread.

Around lunchtime yesterday , in the east of England , something happened that caused a person in Canada ten points .
Greavsie went on the syrup in Essex , decided that we were going to score Six !!!! ....... Yeah right , ! ........Must have
a few!
And 80 got the bug and changed his 4-1 score to five -one .
See , every action has a reaction !
Brian Cox was spot on !...... 80 was ten points down . How could Greavsie have known ?

anyhow , we had 23 posts for the match , of which twenty predicted a win , 3,went for a draw and nobody thought we would lose .

Nick had the only correct score , 17 points to him , well done mate , three picked up twelve points for the correct goal difference and everyone else scored between seven and two points .
there were ten clean sheets forecast.

So, a slightly different format , because I can’t be arsed (Nick!) to keep typing the dots on every line .
165 Spurs 54
159 Sheringham
157 80
156 Walt
153 Total
149 Gary
147 USAF
145 Smithy
144 SpursEagle
130 Pompey
128 Meee
127 SJM
125 Nick
113 Greavsie
112 Muttley
110 Critical
104 Scott
100 Kiwi
97 Vinnie
93 Ex
87 Spesh
77 Steve P
74 Fevvers
53 Matic

Every one below the fifty mark , does not post regularly at all , so I’m making this my new cut off point , but will obviously keep adding the points as the games go by .
If you are under fifty , you won’t show on here unless you ask me .

thanks for taking part . Keep well , keep alert , look after each other.

on to Thursday again .

one off,,,,, cut off times on predictions, ONLY FOR THIS GAME , up to kick off time . No excuses for this one .
it will revert to the normal rules, that I know you all know and love , for the NLD . .
Keep well

Last edited:
Hi all . Match 41,Dinamo Zagreb

Good solid 2-0 win . Could have been more .
Only two correct scores , Ex and Critical, who picked up twelve points each .
We had twenty two posts last night , nobody predicted a loss and only one draw . We are all getting a lot more optimistic.

1) 172 Spurs 54
2) 164 80
3) 163 Walt
4) 162 Sheringham
5) 160 Total
6) 154 USAF
7) 150 Smithy
8) 144 SpursEagle
9) 133 Pompey
10) 128. Meee , SJM, and Nick
11) 122 Critical
12) 116 Greavsie
13) 115 Muttley
14) 114 Scott
15) 105 Ex
16) 101 Kiwi
17) 100 Vinnie
18) 94 Spesh
19) 84 Steve P
20) 74 Fevvers
21) 53 Matiic

Hod picked up 5 points and Rackney 7

I had a bit of a conversation about the the cut off times before the predictions have to be in .
So I am going to give Nick and anyone else the opportunity to post TWO predictions .
One before the two hour cut off , as per the rules .. and one that cuts off at the kick off time .
Only one will will count , obviously , so let’s see whether the “scientific “approach works , one that cuts out the “guessing game“.
If anyone wants to do two predictions , one based on knowing the team selection , fill your boots .
Do it from now till the end of the season .
It didn’t really help Nick last night !!

I would also like to have any other comments on it . We don’t live in a Dictatorship you know !

Thanks for taking part , NLD next . ! !!

Last edited:
Thanks for agreeing to allow a scientific experiment Walt. I know it didnt help me last night but most pundits thought we should have scored more. A pen, a sitter for Bergwijn and Bale not using his right foot !!

Walt shouldn't "scientific approach" be re-named "Improved Guesswork" lol!

No we do not live in a dictatorship, we! on here have "Waltatorship" easy going trying to please everyone lol! but in the end we get what we get, ie Walt rules ok.

Hi all . Match 41,Dinamo Zagreb

Good solid 2-0 win . Could have been more .
Only two correct scores , Ex and Critical, who picked up twelve points each .
We had twenty two posts last night , nobody predicted a loss and only one draw . We are all getting a lot more optimistic.

1) 172 Spurs 54
2) 164 80
3) 163 Walt
4) 162 Sheringham
5) 160 Total
6) 154 USAF
7) 150 Smithy
8) 144 SpursEagle
9) 133 Pompey
10) 128. Meee , SJM, and Nick
11) 122 Critical
12) 116 Greavsie
13) 115 Muttley
14) 114 Scott
15) 105 Ex
16) 101 Kiwi
17) 100 Vinnie
18) 94 Spesh
19) 84 Steve P
20) 74 Fevvers
21) 53 Matiic

Hod picked up 5 points and Rackney 7

I had a bit of a conversation about the the cut off times before the predictions have to be in .
So I am going to give Nick and anyone else the opportunity to post TWO predictions .
One before the two hour cut off , as per the rules .. and one that cuts off at the kick off time .
Only one will will count , obviously , so let’s see whether the “scientific “approach works , one that cuts out the “guessing game“.
If anyone wants to do two predictions , one based on knowing the team selection , fill your boots .
Do it from now till the end of the season .
It didn’t really help Nick last night !!

I would also like to have any other comments on it . We don’t live in a Dictatorship you know !

Thanks for taking part , NLD next . ! !!
Was my 2-0 prediction too late last night? I had thought we were able to submit it right up kick off for that game.

Hi all
Only Fevvers had the correct score , and picked up nine points .
We had 22 posts .
14 wins
7 draws
1defeat .

Apart from Fevvers , nobody else earned a point .,
I have given Meee his points from his post that I missed entirely from Thursday.
He now has 140 points and is in tenth place behind SpursEagle .
I have reinstated Gary from the wilderness . He has 149 points in 8 th place .

The table hasn’t changed , apart from Meee moving up one place .

2nd leg against Zagreb on Thursday .
Thanks for taking part .
Pick ourselves up . dust ourselves off and start all over again . It’s what we do.

Oh boy . We certainly know how to beat ourselves .
Out of Europe ., looking bleak for next season

Losing 3-0 to this lot was not on the cards .
We had 18 posts .
13 wins ,
2 losses
3 draws .

The table hasn’t changed . Despite Steve P picking up ten points for a correct score at ninety minutes .
Greavsie picked up one point .
I will roll it all over if anything happens on Sunday and we miraculously get a result up there .
thanks for taking part .
take care .

Status
Not open for further replies.