The great predictor thread , League Table | Page 8 | Vital Football

The great predictor thread , League Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for it , as long as we close it again when the season starts .
I think it works well like that .
If there is to be a prize to the half way table topper , is there going to be one for the compiler ?
Just saying !

Game 53 v Aston Villa ... lost 2-1

there were 22 posts , ...... 21wins and 1draw !
We lost !

Nobody got any points except Fevvers and Sheringham .
They predicted Berg would score .
Two points each for them .
Critical said Reggie would score . But not for them ,
No one got an assist , not that I was giving points for them ,

Oh yeah , Reggie did . A goal and an assist .

Nick missed out there !!!!!!

I will carry the points !!!!!! over to the next and last game .

take care . Be careful out there . Look after each other. Stay safe

So

Game 54 of a baffling season .
If anyone can explain this season to me I would welcome it .
To think we even went top at one time.

Any how , never mind about all that ,

The important thing is to announce the Winner of the inaugural Great Predictor League.
After biding his time , laying in wait and striking at the perfect time , I’m pleased to offer my heartiest congratulations to the incredible

.........................GARYONEDAYSOON. :cup:

Well done Gary , or as he is also known GODS !
A predictor God to us all .

with an incredible Average of just over Four points a game .
Wonderful stuff .

Commiserations to Spurs 54 who was top for so long but seemed to lose his powers when Jose left ,,, mmmmmmmm.

so to the final table .
There were 21 posts , of which there were 6 wins and fifteen defeats ,
Well done to SE , 80 , Pompey , Nick , who only sometimes predicts we will lose but forgets when he does that , Fevvers and Walt who stayed faithful and predicted a win .
The Hearts Will Rule !

Astonishingly , fifteen of you said we would lose , not just lose , but be thrashed . Of the posters in the shamed list , only Steve and Rambro can be excused as they said we would concede two goals .

There should be a lot of head lowering amongst the rest of you !!!!

222 Gary
205 Spurs54
204 Walt
203 Total
198 USAF
194 Sheringham
194 SpursEagle
188 80
180 Smithy
.................£174 Pompey
165 Nick
162 Meee
154 Critical
144 SJM
141 Greavsie
139 Muttley
138 Ex
134 Scott
119 Vinnie
114 Steve P
114 Fevvers
111 Kiwi
94 Spesh
58 Matic
48 Hod
46 Canadian
34 XVausch
32 Stu
24 Harry
23 Rackney
17 RD
16 Rambro
10 Ravenskane
9 Oc Dor Min
4 Top
3 Barnsley
3 Swankey
2 WelshTel
1 Rafas Left Foot

Thank you to everyone who took part .
It’s been a great thread and and a brilliant way of immersing myself in just how difficult it is to predict a score .
Even more so when you don’t know the team selection .
But then , it’s all a bit of fun ...... for some . :wahey::fish:
One or two have been desperate enough to point out my fuck ups with great alacrity.

We got there in the end .

Thank you all , also , for your kind words for my efforts , in compiling this .

Im happy to continue for next season and have a few new ideas to put forward . I will also be putting up a new thread for anyone’s ideas .
Especially if it helps in my desperate attempts to thwart Nick, ........ he knows I’m only joking :wack::hmmm::wagging::rofl::gent:..... or am I ?

Once again , well done Gary
:party::tophat::tophat::tophat::tophat::tophat::tophat:
:cheers::cheers::party:

Get yer wallet out Ex . And thanks for the idea and the prize money :bow: :tophat:

Last edited:
Well that was some finish and I'm happy to get the prize money to the winner; namely Gary, great finish, but what an effort by Spurs54 - you were almost 'Spursey' lol! (only kidding).

Gary you will have to DM me your details, can pay you the £50 by bank transfer or by Amazon vouchers or paypal. you decide and let me know, But congratulations.

Walthy; what can I say, great effort keeping on top of this; I think we DM'd about this some time back (but I got a tad distracted!) I will be getting you a very good bottle of Irish Whiskey and having it delivered to your door.

Well that was some finish and I'm happy to get the prize money to the winner; namely Gary, great finish, but what an effort by Spurs54 - you were almost 'Spursey' lol! (only kidding).

Gary you will have to DM me your details, can pay you the £50 by bank transfer or by Amazon vouchers or paypal. you decide and let me know, But congratulations.

Walthy; what can I say, great effort keeping on top of this; I think we DM'd about this some time back (but I got a tad distracted!) I will be getting you a very good bottle of Irish Whiskey and having it delivered to your door.

Ahem....how many points did you end up with?

I was stupidly optimistic too often when the football we were playing was actually telling me my predictions were hopeless±!

Ummmm......I never predicted a loss. Ever. THe optimists came out ahead for most of the year and the pessimists only started to catch up toward the end of the season. There were a couple of pragmatists of which GaryYesterday'sNews was one. :grinning:

Muchas Gracias . Cheers Ex .

Ummmm......I never predicted a loss. Ever. THe optimists came out ahead for most of the year and the pessimists only started to catch up toward the end of the season. There were a couple of pragmatists of which GaryYesterday'sNews was one. :grinning:
I just could not predict we would lose . Ever .
Nor will I even think about it . Some of the games I really thought we would lose by a hatful , we won easily . Then we had games like the spammers that cost a lot of predictors points

Status
Not open for further replies.