The Grand National | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Grand National

The whip. Amount of times 'hit' is restricted but that doesn't stop the jockey whipping it in front of the horses face as a threat.

The whip. Amount of times 'hit' is restricted but that doesn't stop the jockey whipping it in front of the horses face as a threat.
Jockeys don't use spurs and they don't whip it in front of their face. Physically impossible to do so. It's clear from the terminology you're using that you don't follow or understand horse racing so I'll leave it there

Jockeys don't use spurs and they don't whip it in front of their face. Physically impossible to do so. It's clear from the terminology you're using that you don't follow or understand horse racing so I'll leave it there
I've literally just sent you a link to prove they do use spurs. Jockeys don't whip in front of the horse face? You must be on a wind up?

Not going to be a popular opinion on here but...

I went to Cheltenham a few years back and in the final race a horse fell in the last furlong. They brought out the green screen near where I was (Best mate enclosure) and I heard the gun shot.

I vowed there and then never to return, or to place a bet on jump racing.
Do they shoot animals now to put them down? I thought it was the blue juice injection job - instant with the animal feeling nothing

This is what I Iove about forums. We have NO idea what each others history and experiences are.

Been involved with horses since the age of 5 so certainly dont need a terminology lesson from you.

Last edited:
Do they shoot animals now to put them down? I thought it was the blue juice injection job - instant with the animal feeling nothing
It was a few years ago now, but they certainly did that day.

Up until then it'd been a great day, which i now feel guilty about.
Seeing 10's of 1000's steaming drunk and having the time of their lives, while that happened made me feel sick, and ashamed.

This thread is not my thing, it's not my sport, so all I'll offer on behalf of both sides.

UK regulations have changed massively in the last couple of years, we are not the US or Aus. Welfare is at the forefront even if not perfect, but it's steps above what it was even 3 years ago.

But valid concerns still exist, especially so more outside of the UK - so let's not conflate the two - from my perspective which is occasionally writes about the Gee-Gees, I don't actually think anyone is wrong here, it's different time and different country standard.

And I'll bow out there.

Only animals though mate, they don't feel pain, as long as humans are entertained, that is the essential thing (sic)

Such beautiful and feeling creatures as well.