The Future of the Club | Page 96 | Vital Football

The Future of the Club

Given what's known about Rola Cola man I would fully expect Lisa Nandy and the supporters group to voice their dissent to any such deal. I recall that they did something similar when the Spanish consortium were about to close a deal. Reading the statement again released by Nandy last night she was quite rightly guarded with her comments andshe emphasises that the main thing is the staff are paid, as are any debts, and that any new owners have the long term future of Latics at heart.

Reading beween the lines that sounds to me like she doesn't trust Al-Jasmi, knows the background of fizzy pop man and wonders if this is another choi/Au Yeung type situation.

I do wonder, I tweeted this: EFL "what's his name" Talal/Al Jasmi "Sorbat Johab". Followed by laughter and "isn't that the bloke we've turned down for Morecambe"....we'd be better off with Bassini, Anderson etc than this joker

Lisa Nandy "liked" the tweet, which to me might suggest that she's fully aware that this lot are trying to sell us to an absolute joker who's no chance of getting the nod

This clowns not fit and proper to own Morcambe. But yet the EFL. Are giving this time. Could only happen to Wigan. These lot have really show. There true colours. If this is a deal they are looking at.

Although the Morcambe deal didn't go through I don't think the EFL ever failed him on a fit and proper test - i think there were other factors.

EFL are also in a difficult position as with all that's going on with the wages still not being paid, if they reject this guy what happens next? As with most take overs if the EFL don't pass them the current owner just has to carry on while they source a new buyer - with us already having urgent money issues is there time to source another buyer?

Just going to leave this here. Statement from the Morecambe Supporters Trust just a couple of weeks ago regarding the potential takeover by Mr Rola Cola. How this alleged bid is being entertained is beyond me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605-230033_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605-230033_Gallery.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 47
Although the Morcambe deal didn't go through I don't think the EFL ever failed him on a fit and proper test - i think there were other factors.

EFL are also in a difficult position as with all that's going on with the wages still not being paid, if they reject this guy what happens next? As with most take overs if the EFL don't pass them the current owner just has to carry on while they source a new buyer - with us already having urgent money issues is there time to source another buyer?
I think this is what's happening KDZ it seems the EFL may be thinking that if they kick him back then the time for a new bidder coming in could take us past one or two pays days and possibly next season and are giving him longer than even he expected.They too have a real balancing act to do and the talks today being described as positive you have to wonder if he's richer than thought or has a rich backer.I didn't expect it to get this far to be honest'

Not a chance this clown as the of money the other clowns are asking. For. That’s for sure. So it’s going on the cheap. This fella could just be a decoy for our friends. The Rugby. To get the stadium. Nandy and the council will be telling Tatal. And his boss. This mon will not pass the test and this is your best option now.

Not a chance this clown as the of money the other clowns are asking. For. That’s for sure. So it’s going on the cheap. This fella could just be a decoy for our friends. The Rugby. To get the stadium. Nandy and the council will be telling Tatal. And his boss. This mon will not pass the test and this is your best option now.

From what i've gathered I don't believe that Nandy or the council have any desire to see the stadium change hands. I believe they want to keep it under the ownership of the football club.

Just going to leave this here. Statement from the Morecambe Supporters Trust just a couple of weeks ago regarding the potential takeover by Mr Rola Cola. How this alleged bid is being entertained is beyond me

Sounds like one of the many people we had messing around during admin who showed interest but went missing when they had to show the money.

Reactions: GSM
I read that Johal continually didn't provide the EFL with the various information requested during their checks so nothing could ever be approved.

If he really wanted and had the means to buy them why wouldn't he provide the EFL with the info asked months ago?

So i can't see him suddenly providing the info to them now. I can see this dragging on but probably struggling to advance.

I read that Johal continually didn't provide the EFL with the various information requested during their checks so nothing could ever be approved.

If he really wanted and had the means to buy them why wouldn't he provide the EFL with the info asked months ago?

So i can't see him suddenly providing the info to them now. I can see this dragging on but probably struggling to advance.

It's all very peculiar. Why would he attempt a takeover of a club that comes under the same governing body that he couldn't provide the evidence for over the past 7 months? He knows full well what they want so what is different now? That in itself stinks because if thing had changed from his end, surely you would see through the deal you've been working so long on. He's praying on clubs that are desperate, hoping the situation is so perilous that the EFL will side with him. The journalist from The Athletic said 1 bid was far more favourable than the other in terms of reputation and experience- I can't believe he meant this guy so hopefully we have something more credible in the offing and they won't get put off by this delay

I think we're in such a perilous situation that the EFL are scared to make the decision which will effectively kill us off. I'm sure if there was an alternative he'd have been fired off immediately. But the truth is the only alternative to extinction is a 21 year old wide boy masquerading as a soft drinks manufacturer.

Surely fizzy pop mon is a wind up. Either he has found some serious funding very recently or this sad individual is retarded. Who in their right mind would attempt to buy a club when he has already fallen foul of the dreaded EFL?. You can guess what was said at last nights meeting. Talal, "this is who we have agreed to sell Wigan Athletic to" The EFL reacting in their best John Macenroe impression. " YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS" end of meeting. Someone wake me up from this nightmare i,m having.

The way I see it is simply....

When you are drowning grab the hand of anyone who is offering to help.

Admin is a real prospect, which will potentially lead to the club folding - in my view its hobsons choice situation - even if it buys us another 5-6 months.

The way I see it is simply....

When you are drowning grab the hand of anyone who is offering to help.

Admin is a real prospect, which will potentially lead to the club folding - in my view its hobsons choice situation - even if it buys us another 5-6 months.

Ah the dreaded stay of execution.

I think that I think in a week or so this smokescreen of a takeover that will never happen will have blown over and the current owners will be forced to finally admit that they have no money and the administrators will be in.

Couple weeks in admin, first team players will be able to leave due to wages not being paid and then the EFL will finally be forced into taking action about the fact that we have no chance of fulfilling fixtures and kick us out.

The ownership have already admitted it. To the extent they've said they won't be putting another penny into the club. We won't have a say in our own future. The EFL will decide we aren't in a position to play next season and will revoke our licence, basically liquidating us. They simply can't afford to allow us to screw the season up for them and all the other 23 clubs.