The Football Farm Podcast | Vital Football

The Football Farm Podcast

BrianMannebach

Vital Newbie
I would like to thank Kevin from VitalSwansea for allowing us to post our independent football podcast on this site.

If you guys like an alternative view of football please feel free to check us out. We dedicate a good chuck of each episode to Swansea as well as Aberdeen (co-Host Dave's club). We also do a dive in the weekends action from around Europe.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-football-farm/id1131006466?mt=2
and here
http://www.spreaker.com/user/8978488

If you guys have any questions or topics that you would like us to cover, please post them on this thread! All feedback is welcome!

A good listen guys, good to hear that Bradley sounds like a manager who doesn't stick to one philosophy and adapts well - I think we need that here right now in the circumstances. In a relegation battle, which is looking like what we could be in this season, you need a manager to bring the team together and to play like one.

KevinE - 11/10/2016 21:30

A good listen guys, good to hear that Bradley sounds like a manager who doesn't stick to one philosophy and adapts well - I think we need that here right now in the circumstances. In a relegation battle, which is looking like what we could be in this season, you need a manager to bring the team together and to play like one.

Yet, hasn't he usually gone with a 4-4-2 formation or a similar variation of it? I'm intrigued to see how we look on Saturday. I'm expecting flat 442 defensive looking to counter, like we did under Monk, I hope I'm wrong. :hmm:

KevinE - 11/10/2016 15:30

Cheers, Kevin! He will adapt to his team's strengths, and build an atmosphere of togetherness. It seems to have been a core principle no matter where he's been, and it's sorely needed now.

eye_nose_hat - 11/10/2016 15:37

KevinE - 11/10/2016 21:30

Yet, hasn't he usually gone with a 4-4-2 formation or a similar variation of it? I'm intrigued to see how we look on Saturday. I'm expecting flat 442 defensive looking to counter, like we did under Monk, I hope I'm wrong. :hmm:

I don't mean to be rude, but do you know who plays 4-4-2 looking to counter? Atletico Madrid, Iceland, Leicester. Would it be so bad if we played a similar style? Any formation/style can be exciting and pleasing to the eye if executed well!

Of course I do, but look at the teams you've mentioned, we're nowhere near capable of playing to the strengths of a 442. But I wasn't doubting the 442 formation, more the claim that Bradley can adapt yet mostly using a 442 formation or similar variation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

eye_nose_hat - 12/10/2016 07:56

Of course I do, but look at the teams you've mentioned, we're nowhere near capable of playing to the strengths of a 442. But I wasn't doubting the 442 formation, more the claim that Bradley can adapt yet mostly using a 442 formation or similar variation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But if you listen to the podcast, the point isn't about formations, simply that he can adapt to different teams etc and get the best out of them. A 442 formation could work for us but it would take some work from Bradley to do that.

fair enough, I was just worried that he might continue with 442 with us and I can't see it working for as currently are. Got a feeling he'll go 4411 with wingers.

eye_nose_hat - 12/10/2016 18:28

fair enough, I was just worried that he might continue with 442 with us and I can't see it working for as currently are. Got a feeling he'll go 4411 with wingers.

we'll have to just wait and see put faith in him that he'll get it right. He's always been the type of manager to focus on getting the right balance and setting his teams up well.