The food at FGR. | Vital Football

The food at FGR.

I had a pie at Rochdale mid 90s at a night game there. Within five minutes I was squirting everything out in a ‘trainspotter’ like toilet in the away end.
Never bought food in any ground since.

I'd just like to say that my son and I each had the Q pie with chips and curry sauce and I must add, it was delicious. Lovely pastry and the filling was very tasty, topped off by excellent chips and curry sauce.

Imagine how nice it could have been if it had had meat. :fish::lol:

I must admit that I love my meat but some people get unecessarily hysterical about lack of it when being only offered Vegan. Didn't have any myself as we ate at a really nice pub a few miles away before going to the ground but I know some who did and said it was delicious.

People don't have to eat it and it's about individual choice it's only two or three hours so you don't need to eat.

As I said I love my meat but if it tastes good that's all that bothers me so I don't have any issue with them offering only veggie food.

I was actually looking forward to trying it; in our house we often eat Indian vegetarian food cooked by my own hands. I am particularly partial to lentils of all varieties.

I am a meat eater too, but I simply like to try other things.

It’s usually good manners to offer your guests what they would like.
Hope we would offer them a Vegan option, as they offered us the 3 points.

I was actually looking forward to trying it; in our house we often eat Indian vegetarian food cooked by my own hands. I am particularly partial to lentils of all varieties.

I am a meat eater too, but I simply like to try other things.

Love a dahl !

And have eaten in FGR clubhouse each time I've been there. And always enjoyed the food. A little pricey but always tasty and well cooked.

I had a pie at Rochdale mid 90s at a night game there. Within five minutes I was squirting everything out in a ‘trainspotter’ like toilet in the away end.
Never bought food in any ground since.
Haha, I had a cheese and onion pastie at Sinny Bank last season, it was radioactive and took the lining off the top of my mouth .... never again for me either, although the menu looked decent yesterday.

Haha, I had a cheese and onion pastie at Sinny Bank last season, it was radioactive and took the lining off the top of my mouth .... never again for me either, although the menu looked decent yesterday.

Remember the Donny away game when we had endure a horizontal sleet storm? Well I bought a tomato soup at half time to thaw out .I was so cold that I took a huge gulp .Mistake! It was like drinking lava!

Remember the Donny away game when we had endure a horizontal sleet storm? Well I bought a tomato soup at half time to thaw out .I was so cold that I took a huge gulp .Mistake! It was like drinking lava!
Haha yeah I can, at the old Belle Vue, was that the day we went to cheer on Rochdale when our match was postponed and we sounded "a bit Southern"?

Haha yeah I can, at the old Belle Vue, was that the day we went to cheer on Rochdale when our match was postponed and we sounded "a bit Southern"?
No Kev ,I think it was a Friday night .Some of the worst weather conditions I have endured! It was good fun at the Rochdale match. Do you remember when we asked a steward why the Rochdale fans were not behind the goal and he replied we only put animals like Lincoln in the cage . Charming!

Same, except I had Bovril. The plastic cup nearly welded to my hand. Spilt some on my hand and scalded myself, unsurprisingly.

Ah yes. It was very nice.
But no idea how a beer cannot be anything but vegetarian !
No meat in any beer surely?
Lots of beers are fined using isinglass (fish guts) or gelatine. Less commonly egg white. There are vegan finings but personally I don't care if my beer is not crystal clear so long as it tastes good.

PS I am liking this thread. Not a carnist snowflake in sight.

I don't normally eat at grounds but as my lad wanted to try a veggie burger yesterday I did get one and I have to say it was delicious. Pricey but really nice