The first one. | Vital Football

The first one.

Well done to the young Blackpool striker who has become the first professional footballer to come out as gay. It must have taken a lot of courage for him to do that and hopefully he will get the support of players and fans across the country and maybe now others will feel empowered to do the same.
:clap:
He isn't the first,Justin Fashanu came out years ago but it wasn't handled very sensitively by the media and he suffered mentally until his early death! Let's hope this young man is now allowed to get on quietly with his football career and not used by some groups for propaganda!!

He isn't the first,Justin Fashanu came out years ago but it wasn't handled very sensitively by the media and he suffered mentally until his early death! Let's hope this young man is now allowed to get on quietly with his football career and not used by some groups for propaganda!!

It wasn't just the media - I remember Fashanu playing for Torquay against Latics & he got all manner of grief from the terraces. I can imagine it was like that for him in most games

Anybody driven to suicide obviously has problems in their life much bigger than taking stick on the terracing. Big, little, ginger, fat, thin and Mike Summerbee used to take all kinds of flak for having a big hooter.

It's not right and it shouldn't happen but you will never stop a few clowns using any ammunition they can get their hands on.

The young lad at Blackpool will be OK in this day and age and his reaction will be fine...and if a few idiots decide to sing songs then so what, its their problem not his.

Hopefully the lad doesn't turn out against us. Already dreading what the vermin among our support will be chanting with a pint of ale in them.

Well done to the young man in question. A lot of sportspeople only come out once they have retired. Hopefully this will now be the gateway to encourage more to come out & not just with their sexuality.

Anybody driven to suicide obviously has problems in their life much bigger than taking stick on the terracing. Big, little, ginger, fat, thin and Mike Summerbee used to take all kinds of flak for having a big hooter.

I agree with the first comment in a broader sense but in relation to Justin Fashanu the stick he was getting was somewhat more than being called big nose.

Hopefully the lad doesn't turn out against us. Already dreading what the vermin among our support will be chanting with a pint of ale in them.

Do you have anything positive to say about our fan base? Yesterday you claimed we wouldn’t sell out there, now you think those that will attend will contain an element of ‘vermin’ and will be subjecting a courageous lad to discriminatory chanting.

All fan bases contain dickheads and I’m sure this young lad would have factored this into his decision to go public with his sexuality. Every credit to him and shame on those who do abuse him - but let’s hope you have the same courage as he does in interjecting with those in our end if they do chant homophobic abuse at him.